Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- Maker Faire Africa Workshop at Afrofutur…e
- Johnny Kelly's short film demonstrates t…he role of design in everyday life
- BoxBag by Casey Ng
- PizzaKobra by Ron Arad for iGuzzini
- Thermostat controlled with a smartphone …by Philippe Starck for Netatmo
- Shrub by Zhili Liu
- Spotlight Volumes by Lukas Peet
- Joy of Living at Somerset House
- Donna Wilson designs new tartan for Aber…deenshire
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories