Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- Tobias Rehberger covers HMS President in… "dazzle camouflage"
- Dolls by Alexa Lixfeld
- Lava combines western and eastern symbol…s to create "universal" icons
- Creatures, Corona and Pacis by Nigel Coa…tes for Slamp
- Fibre Evolution by Marc Sadler
- Daan Roosegaarde: "People can do what th…ey want with my Crystal installation"
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: 20% off …Orbit by Ziiiro
- The Foetus Project by Jorge Lopes Dos Sa…ntos
- Olivier van Herpt 3D-prints functional c…eramic objects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories