Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- Established & Sons and Venini
- 50 projects_25 objects + 25 spaces by N…endo
- Blå Station launches mobile Morris Jr c…hair
- Self-repairing trainers 3D-printed from …biological cells by Shamees Aden
- Rise of Flames by Frederik Roijé
- Färg & Blanche designs quilted Emily ch…air for Gärsnäs
- Collar and Hexagon by Nendo
- Windswept by Charles Sowers
- Soft Rocker by Committee for SCP
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories