Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- Another Chair by Mathias Hahn for Anothe…r Country
- New City by Galit Barak
- Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick
- Lamp 11811 by Klemens Schillinger
- Most Curious by Tracey Neuls and Nina Sa…unders
- Ink Calendar by Oscar Diaz
- Ovo high chair by CuldeSac
- Färg & Blanche stitch wood together to …form furniture
- 28 Series Desk Lamp by Omer Arbel for Bo…cci
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories