Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: [D3]… Contest winners
- Bespoke Sex Toys by Made to Pleasure
- Designersblock opening party and Illustr…ate 07
- Dezeen archive: children's furniture
- Cat Mckee at New Designers
- Fashion by McQueen and Treacy in new exh…ibition of Isabella Blow's collection
- Dezeen selects the top 7 things to see a…t London Design Festival 2014
- Nika Zupanc bases furniture collection f…or Sé on "an imaginary private sports club"
- Presence in Absence by Colm Keller
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories