Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- Apple unveils iPhone
- Toshi cabinets by Luca Nichetto for Casa…mania
- Dezeen Watch Store: VOID V03 by David Er…icsson
- Movie: Studio Libertiny at Design Miami
- Alfashion by Sophie Lepinoy
- Sewing box cabinet by Kiki van Eijk
- "We take a very holistic approach to des…ign" - Bandar Antabi of Jawbone
- Koloro-desk by Torafu Architects
- Baklava by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Ö…rsjö Belysning
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories