Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- F-Type by Jaguar
- Paizi 38 installation by reMIX Studio
- Your Mobile Expectations by Olafur Eli…asson
- Fungus chairs by MAD
- Cathedral installation by Luke Morgan
- Jakub Pollág designs Personal Tattoo …Machine for do-it-yourself body art
- Mooncake by +tongtong
- Pebble-shaped Calming Stone is designe…d to help prevent panic attacks
- Dezeen's top four collections from thi…s year's London College of Fashion graduates
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories