Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- Público gets Guardian-style makeover
- Dezeen Watch Store iPhone clock app
- FLKS by Kapteinbolt
- Paola Antonelli at Design Academy Eindho…ven's My Way talks
- Bettina by Jan Kaplicky for Alessi
- WikiGlasses by Lynton Pepper
- Plastic table by Tokujin Yoshioka for Ka…rtell sparkles like crystal glass
- Albatros by Oscar Lhermitte
- Porosity Bench by Steven Holl Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories