Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- Z.Car by Zaha Hadid
- Andrea Salvetti at Dilmos
- Donna Wilson on her knitted tree for the… Stepney Green Design Collection
- Cast Desk Tidy by Benjamin Hubert
- XS architecture vs XL furniture by Worap…ong Manupipatpong
- Moritz Waldemeyer with Hussein Chalayan
- Lard Series by Commonwealth
- Thuisvlucht by Anneke Jakobs
- Randomly Crystallised by Front
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories