Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- 5 O'Clock Chair by Nika Zupanc for Moo…oi
- Mother's Day gift ideas from Dezeen Wa…tch Store
- "Industry itself needs to be saved" - …Joep van Lieshout
- Shreddies adds pyjamas and jeans to li…ne of fart-neutralising apparel
- Daan Roosegaarde: "People can do what …they want with my Crystal installation"
- Motek by Luca Nichetto for Cassina
- Pitsou Kedem unveils first items from …Object furniture and homeware collection
- Baitogogo by Henrique Oliveira at Pala…is de Tokyo
- Telescopic contact lenses zoom in and …out with right and left winks
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories