Milan 2013: British designer Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept car he has designed for French car manufacturer Renault in Milan next month (+ movie).
"[Our] intention is to reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language," says Lovegrove.
"These methods are process-driven and aim to explore tessellation, performative surfaces, lightweight structures and new material behaviours rather than the literal translation of appearances found in nature into visual design," he adds.
The car will be on display from 9 to 14 April 2013 at the Triennale di Milano exhibition.
- Normal timepieces by Ross McBride
- Mini Clubvan Concept
- Vision EfﬁcientDynamics by BMW
- PomPom Mirror creates "reflections" with… tufts of fur
- Netherlands design duos to present rugs …at Dutch Design Week
- Materiality by Benjamin Hubert
- Free Falling by Ezri Tarazi
- Candela installation creates luminous pa…tterns as it spins inside dark V&A gallery
- Temple Table by Hiroyuki Tanaka Architec…ts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories