Icelandic designers Katrin Olina and Garðar Eyjólfsson have teamed up to design a collection of circular aluminium tables, contrasting raw and uneven sand-cast surfaces with precise laser-cut legs.
Each solid aluminium table-top is unique and shows the traces of its production. "We wanted to show the rawness of the material" Olina told Dezeen.
The tables were on show during DesignMarch earlier this month as part of the exhibition 13Al+, which asked five different designers to explore the possibilities of using Icelandic aluminium in design and production. Katrin Olina and Garðar Eyjólfsson also showed designs for a collection of figurines, while other products presented included benches, tables, dumbbells and a rolling pin.
Dezeen spoke to Olina during Dezeen Live at 100% Design last summer, when she told an audience how she translates characters from her imagination into drawings, animations, products and interiors. Other projects by Olina on Dezeen include a rug depicting a fictional magician and a mural dedicated to "journeys without destination". See more design by Katrin Olina.
- Funktionide by Stefan Ulrich
- Heath Nash at Design Indaba
- Block Watch by Tom Dixon now available a…t Dezeen Watch Store
- The r5.5 Platinum Chronograph by Jasper …Morrison for Rado
- Grasshopper by Wieki Somers for Tectona
- Foldboat by Max Frommeld and Arno Mathie…s
- Invitation: Dezeen Watch Store autumn ev…ent 7 November
- Philippe Malouin creates circular swing …set with Caesarstone seats
- New 203 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories