Milan 2013: Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola unveiled a chair with a backrest wrapped in rush for Italian brand Moroso in Milan this month.
Urquiola presented the chair alongside seats made from rigid felt at Moroso's stand at Salone Internazionale del Mobile – see Dezeen's round-up of the best furniture and lighting from Salone and see all news and products from Milan 2013.
Other designs created by Urquiola for Moroso include a sofa inspired by traditional patterns from Uzbekistan and a woven chair on a tubular steel frame – see all Moroso design.
We recently featured Urquiola's collection of ice cream coloured poufs and rugs and a movie by Dezeen in which she explains why most kitchen design is "too masculine" – see all design by Patricia Urquiola.
- Silicone Duo by Kitmen Keung
- Nonla lamps by Paul Crofts Studio
- Corso restaurant by Robert Stadler
- Marcel Wanders retrospective opens at th…e Stedelijk Museum
- Nucleo experiments with resin to create …furniture for Ammann Gallery
- Alexandra Stück's Herbal Kneipp Textile…s use scent to promote wellbeing
- Gord Peteran at Cranbrook Art Museum
- Salvaged materials form chairs in Curro …Claret's More Than This collection
- Kristina Dam designs pale oak furniture …to incorporate plants
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories