More showers! These hybrid shower-lights were created by Japanese designers Nendo for bathroom brand Axor and unveiled last week alongside the multi-headed shower by Front (+ slideshow).
Nendo's installation combines showers with lamps, with the installation featuring ceiling lights and a floor light that produce a cascade of water from their shades.
"My aim was to combine what is most archetypal about the living space, the lighting, with water, so as to give the shower an enhanced sensuous dimension in a way we have not yet seen before," says Oki Sato of Nendo. "The result is something that is not just a shower, nor just a lamp, but a hybrid – a magic trick with light and water that is available day after day."
The installation is part of Axor's WaterDream project, which investigates potential future bathroom scenarios.
"The natural coming-together of light and water is freed from spatial constraints," says Philippe Grohe, head of Axor, which is part of German bathroom brand Hansgrohe. "What traditionally took place in separate rooms – reading under a lamp in the living room, taking a shower in the bathroom – can now be experienced free from spatial allocations or confinements."
Axor regularly collaborates with leading designers. Earlier this year it unveiled a new water-saving faucet by Philippe Starck and previous projects include a full bathroom collection by the Bouroullec Brothers and a range by Jean-Marie Massaud.
- Tent London and designersblock movie
- Curt deck chair by Bernhard Burkard
- Apollo by International
- LunaTik at Dezeen Watch Store in New Yo…rk
- Fashion collection woven from Uruguayan …wool by Mercedes Arocena and Lucía Benítez
- PARCS by PearsonLloyd for Bene
- Technology and design: makingthe world a…round us
- MoMA Design Store in Tokyo
- Dezeen Watch Store Summer sale: 40% off …Neko by SANAA for Alessi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories