This time-lapse movie shows how the tendrils of the chandelier were unfurled before the top was hoisted up through a hole in the ceiling of the V&A museum's main hall.
Also at the museum for this year's London Design Festival, an installation of 5000 paper windmills was set up in a doorway and a still life of a dinner party in progress was arranged in one of the galleries.
- I was a teenager in the... by Fandango P…rojects
- Record by Achille Castiglioni for Alessi… in new colours at Dezeen Watch Store
- The Holding-Breath Chair by Ray Jiao & Y…i Wang
- Mousetraps by Johanna Schmeer
- REK Bookcase Junior by Reinier de Jong
- May Design Series 2015 to feature exhibi…tions of emerging talent
- Clover by Brodie Neill for Kundalini
- Ivy by Thomas Bernstrand for Swedese
- The Radiation Collection by NOCC
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories