London designer Rohan Chhabra has adapted a range of hunter jackets so they transform into models of endangered animals (+ slideshow).
For his Embodying Ethics: Endangered project, Rohan Chhabra took hunting attire and formed it into the shapes of the animals threatened by the activity.
"The project aims to use design to inform the issue of extinction of critically endangered species," said Chhabra.
His range includes representations of a mountain gorilla, an Asian elephant, a tiger, a saiga antelope and a rhino.
All five weatherproof jackets looks similar in their original forms but Chabbra has added extra zips and poppers in different places on each, so elements can be altered and reshaped into the individual animals.
Toggles are positioned to look like eyes and fabric folds create ears.
Gorilla, elephant and rhino shapes are formed over padded fabric bases, while antelope legs are simply crafted from sleeves.
The rhino's horns and elephant's tusks can be removed, and the tiger is splayed out like it has been skinned, to highlight why numbers of these creatures are dwindling.
Zips on the tiger jacket reveal a darker fabric underneath when opened up to look like stripes and the other coats are coloured to represent the animals' skin or fur.
Other projects we've featured that involve turning objects into animal models include pins for making little characters from wine corks and paper accessories for turning balloons into animal heads.
We've also published a trawler fishing net that filters out endangered fish from the catch and an enclosed cavity brick fitting that allows rare birds to nest in new buildings.
- The Last Laugh by William Andrews for Mr… Jones Watches at Dezeen Watch Store
- A Dolls' House by David Adjaye, Zaha Had…id, FAT, dRMM and others
- Daniel Emma launches first furniture and… lighting range
- Zero Energy Furniture stores heat to reg…ulate room temperature
- Vacuum-packed models installed at Iris v…an Herpen's Paris Fashion Week show
- FlexVaas by Vij5
- Arrojadoa by Jaime Hayón
- Nendo's seven door concepts include desi…gns for wheelchair users and children
- Pregnant Chair by Trent Jansen for Moooi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories