The designer modelled the interior with black walls that will be textured using a cement-based covering called Microcemento, which creates continuous surfaces without joints and grooves.
European birch beams will intersect at different angles across the ceiling of the 110-square-metre space, contrasting with the black walls. "We wanted to make the project expressive, fresh and modern, using natural materials and finishes," said Samoriz.
A wooden dining surface at bar height will be cantilevered from a central concrete pillar, while large conical lampshades will hang over individual square tables.
At one end of the cafe, angled lamps will hang from a horizontal I beam on the wall, directing light onto circular black tables surrounded by stools.
Wine racks will store bottles above the bar and doorways, while wooden toilet cubicles stamped with a "fragile" motif like a packing crate will sit at the rear of the store.
The project is due for completion in summer 2014.
- Hayón’s Camper store opens in Barce…lona
- Xintiandi Penthouse by Joyce Wang is "…a celebration of metal"
- Urban Stories: Naturescape by Kengo Ku…ma
- Fun House by Studio UdA
- Swollen Wall by Paul Coudamy
- i29's wooden wall turns historic depar…tment store tower into artists' residence
- Wooden pegboard lines the walls within… Ace & Tate's Amsterdam eyewear store
- Bianco Nero by NI&Co. Architects
- Super Contemporary at the Design Museu…m
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories