The designer modelled the interior with black walls that will be textured using a cement-based covering called Microcemento, which creates continuous surfaces without joints and grooves.
European birch beams will intersect at different angles across the ceiling of the 110-square-metre space, contrasting with the black walls. "We wanted to make the project expressive, fresh and modern, using natural materials and finishes," said Samoriz.
A wooden dining surface at bar height will be cantilevered from a central concrete pillar, while large conical lampshades will hang over individual square tables.
At one end of the cafe, angled lamps will hang from a horizontal I beam on the wall, directing light onto circular black tables surrounded by stools.
Wine racks will store bottles above the bar and doorways, while wooden toilet cubicles stamped with a "fragile" motif like a packing crate will sit at the rear of the store.
The project is due for completion in summer 2014.
- Casalgrande Old House by Kengo Kuma and …Associates
- Mahani by Studio Toogood
- Rijksmuseum Café by Studio Linse
- [Cyber]Sewing Atelier by Estudio Guto Re…quena
- Water runs from shelf to shelf in JamesP…lumb's Aesop store
- Beauty salon by Yusuke Seki features cri…mped screens and golden curtains
- Dezeen archive: is it ready yet?
- Forest of One Room by Naruse Inokuma
- Photography studio by Input Creative Stu…dio features a turquoise playhouse
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories