The designer modelled the interior with black walls that will be textured using a cement-based covering called Microcemento, which creates continuous surfaces without joints and grooves.
European birch beams will intersect at different angles across the ceiling of the 110-square-metre space, contrasting with the black walls. "We wanted to make the project expressive, fresh and modern, using natural materials and finishes," said Samoriz.
A wooden dining surface at bar height will be cantilevered from a central concrete pillar, while large conical lampshades will hang over individual square tables.
At one end of the cafe, angled lamps will hang from a horizontal I beam on the wall, directing light onto circular black tables surrounded by stools.
Wine racks will store bottles above the bar and doorways, while wooden toilet cubicles stamped with a "fragile" motif like a packing crate will sit at the rear of the store.
The project is due for completion in summer 2014.
- Espasso launches Oscar Niemeyer and Jorg…e Zalszupin furniture re-editions
- NYU Department of Philosophy by Steven H…oll Architects
- Sestosenso by Paul Cocksedge for BMW and… FLOS
- Jakob Gomez renovates Monterrey apartmen…t with yellow circulation space
- Particular Architects build themselves a… reconfigurable studio
- Studio Glithero at VIVID Gallery
- Step Inside bar by Giles Miller
- Inside Awards: Strelein Warehouse by Ia…n Moore
- Pracownia by Karina Wiciak
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories