Luca Nichetto's Fondue lamp takes its inspiration from traditional European fondue cauldrons, which are kept above a heat source to slowly melt cheese. "The Fondue lamp is merging different traditions, the south European and the north European," said Nichetto.
The amber-coloured glass pendant is suspended to resemble the shape of the cauldrons. A metal element runs through the glass from top to bottom, kinked in the centre where it supports the horizontal bulb.
The power cable can be attached to either end of the frame so it can run from a source on the ceiling or the floor. "The output of the power cable, which is generally concealed or made less evident... becomes a feature of the lamp," the designer said.
- Jaime Hayón designs Analog table for us…e in home, office or restaurant
- Paralympic design: 3D-printed seats for …wheelchair basketball
- More from Stuart Haygarth
- Origami dresses by Jule Waibel designed …for Bershka stores in 25 cities
- 100% Inspiration: Richard Shed
- Final debateat Me Craft/You Industry
- The Traveller by Arne Quinze for Louis V…uitton
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Stef…an Diez
- Chairs & Fireworks by Martí Guixé
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories