Luca Nichetto's Fondue lamp takes its inspiration from traditional European fondue cauldrons, which are kept above a heat source to slowly melt cheese. "The Fondue lamp is merging different traditions, the south European and the north European," said Nichetto.
The amber-coloured glass pendant is suspended to resemble the shape of the cauldrons. A metal element runs through the glass from top to bottom, kinked in the centre where it supports the horizontal bulb.
The power cable can be attached to either end of the frame so it can run from a source on the ceiling or the floor. "The output of the power cable, which is generally concealed or made less evident... becomes a feature of the lamp," the designer said.
- Clear Perfume Bottle by Nendo for 1%
- One laptop per artist: OLPC charity auct…ion
- Upside Down by TAF for Hay
- Grcic produces limited edition tables
- Philippe Malouin's Hanger Chair goes int…o production with Umbra Shift
- BN0046 by Braun at Dezeen Watch Store
- Inga Sempé's Beau Fixe seating is clamp…ed into shape
- Ikea PS Collection in Milan
- Foliage by Patricia Urquiola for Kartell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories