Luca Nichetto's Fondue lamp takes its inspiration from traditional European fondue cauldrons, which are kept above a heat source to slowly melt cheese. "The Fondue lamp is merging different traditions, the south European and the north European," said Nichetto.
The amber-coloured glass pendant is suspended to resemble the shape of the cauldrons. A metal element runs through the glass from top to bottom, kinked in the centre where it supports the horizontal bulb.
The power cable can be attached to either end of the frame so it can run from a source on the ceiling or the floor. "The output of the power cable, which is generally concealed or made less evident... becomes a feature of the lamp," the designer said.
- Balanced by Mischer’Traxler at Wait an…d See
- Sessantuna by Gaetano Pesce for Cassina
- Meteo by Naoto Fukasawa for Magis
- Delight lamps by Ido Mohar
- Designed in Hackney: Drum tables by Cori…nna Warm
- Le Buisson by Matali Crasset
- Iris van Herpen exhibition at the Intern…ational Centre for Lace and Fashion
- Motorlight by Jake Dyson
- A Quiet Celebration by Morie Nishimura
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories