Luca Nichetto's Fondue lamp takes its inspiration from traditional European fondue cauldrons, which are kept above a heat source to slowly melt cheese. "The Fondue lamp is merging different traditions, the south European and the north European," said Nichetto.
The amber-coloured glass pendant is suspended to resemble the shape of the cauldrons. A metal element runs through the glass from top to bottom, kinked in the centre where it supports the horizontal bulb.
The power cable can be attached to either end of the frame so it can run from a source on the ceiling or the floor. "The output of the power cable, which is generally concealed or made less evident... becomes a feature of the lamp," the designer said.
- Dervish by Item for Innermost
- Organic tap by Philippe Starck for Axo…r
- "We're a haberdashery for technology a…nd education" - Technology Will Save Us
- Pretty Vases Collection by FX Balléry
- Temple Table by Hiroyuki Tanaka Archit…ects
- Tom Dixon to unveil accessories with l…ive "factory" at Maison & Objet
- Movie shows features of Converse's red…esigned Chuck Taylors
- In The Woods by Karen Ryan
- This That Other by Stefan Diez for e15
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories