Luca Nichetto's Fondue lamp takes its inspiration from traditional European fondue cauldrons, which are kept above a heat source to slowly melt cheese. "The Fondue lamp is merging different traditions, the south European and the north European," said Nichetto.
The amber-coloured glass pendant is suspended to resemble the shape of the cauldrons. A metal element runs through the glass from top to bottom, kinked in the centre where it supports the horizontal bulb.
The power cable can be attached to either end of the frame so it can run from a source on the ceiling or the floor. "The output of the power cable, which is generally concealed or made less evident... becomes a feature of the lamp," the designer said.
- Toge by Emmanuelle Moureaux
- Local River by Mathieu Lehanneur 2
- M6 chair by Joe Buttigieg
- Donna Wilson designs new tartan for Aber…deenshire
- Roopuppet by Nendo
- New 351 Series by Uniform Wares now avai…lable at Dezeen Watch Store
- Jólan van der Wiel creates spiky shoes …for Iris van Herpen using magnets
- Movie: Thomas Heatherwick on designing a… boat for the Loire
- Hedda Torgersen's anthropomorphic Boo la…mp to be exhibited at 100% Norway
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories