Luca Nichetto's Fondue lamp takes its inspiration from traditional European fondue cauldrons, which are kept above a heat source to slowly melt cheese. "The Fondue lamp is merging different traditions, the south European and the north European," said Nichetto.
The amber-coloured glass pendant is suspended to resemble the shape of the cauldrons. A metal element runs through the glass from top to bottom, kinked in the centre where it supports the horizontal bulb.
The power cable can be attached to either end of the frame so it can run from a source on the ceiling or the floor. "The output of the power cable, which is generally concealed or made less evident... becomes a feature of the lamp," the designer said.
- Plant Pregnancy by Alice Kim
- Mori pendant lamps by Rich Brilliant Wil…ling encase light in a cocoon
- The Coiling Collection by Raw Edges
- Crystal Forest by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Paralympic design: wheelchair rugby
- Iranzo, Rittler and Kesting create cocoo…n-like "cloud" installation
- Vitra retrospective goes on show in Phil…adelphia
- Dezeen Watch Store
- Takashi Murakami at the Château de Vers…ailles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories