Benjamin Hubert's Prop collection includes the designer's first sofa, which features a curved seat that sits within a rectangular solid ash frame.
"The Prop collection began with the sofa, and the concept stems from the studio's research into the traditional construction of furniture within this typology," said Hubert.
A curved piece of aero-ply supports the upholstered polyurethane foam back and seat. The padded fabric by Dutch textile brand Innofa is attached to the frame with zips so it can easily be swapped and removed for cleaning.
The sides are gently inclined from the back to the front of the seat and a version of the design is also available as an armchair.
Side and coffee tables in the collection have been formed to echo the design language used in the chairs.
The curved sections of aero-ply are used to form table tops, which slope up at each end and look similar to skateboard ramps. These surfaces are fixed to simple solid ash frames.
- Kohei Nawa's Foam installation created a… cloud-like landscape of soapy bubbles
- Found by Oscar Diaz
- Pininfarina fuses 1930s style with moder…n technology to produce bespoke bicycle
- Alessia Giardino designs tableware colle…ction made from dyed concrete
- Braun BN0024 now available at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Barnaby Barford creates fashion story fo…r Wallpaper*
- OMA designs installation for the launch …of furniture collection by Maarten van Severen
- Josh Bitelli uses welding equipment to m…ake containers from coils of molten steel
- Dezeen archive: shoes by architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories