Benjamin Hubert's Prop collection includes the designer's first sofa, which features a curved seat that sits within a rectangular solid ash frame.
"The Prop collection began with the sofa, and the concept stems from the studio's research into the traditional construction of furniture within this typology," said Hubert.
A curved piece of aero-ply supports the upholstered polyurethane foam back and seat. The padded fabric by Dutch textile brand Innofa is attached to the frame with zips so it can easily be swapped and removed for cleaning.
The sides are gently inclined from the back to the front of the seat and a version of the design is also available as an armchair.
Side and coffee tables in the collection have been formed to echo the design language used in the chairs.
The curved sections of aero-ply are used to form table tops, which slope up at each end and look similar to skateboard ramps. These surfaces are fixed to simple solid ash frames.
- Nóize chairs by Estudio Guto Requena
- Rings by Nicolas Le Moigne and A.E.Kö…chert
- Chris Kabel casts found objects in bro…nze for Fogo Island hotel key fobs
- Holzbank by Thomas Schnur
- Door reinvented with folding mechanism… by Klemens Torggler
- Studio Makkink & Bey create furniture …for a nomadic living room
- Revolver by Henny van Nistelrooy at Th…e Temporium
- Marcel Wanders for Quodes
- Couture by Marcel Wanders for Graham &… Brown
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories