Benjamin Hubert's Prop collection includes the designer's first sofa, which features a curved seat that sits within a rectangular solid ash frame.
"The Prop collection began with the sofa, and the concept stems from the studio's research into the traditional construction of furniture within this typology," said Hubert.
A curved piece of aero-ply supports the upholstered polyurethane foam back and seat. The padded fabric by Dutch textile brand Innofa is attached to the frame with zips so it can easily be swapped and removed for cleaning.
The sides are gently inclined from the back to the front of the seat and a version of the design is also available as an armchair.
Side and coffee tables in the collection have been formed to echo the design language used in the chairs.
The curved sections of aero-ply are used to form table tops, which slope up at each end and look similar to skateboard ramps. These surfaces are fixed to simple solid ash frames.
- Ski suits with solar-powered lights by W…illy Bogner
- NSEPS by Silo
- Colour and the Machine by Minimalux
- Juxtaposed: Power by Mike and Maaike
- Straw by Osko+Deichmann
- Plopp stool by Oskar Zieta for Hay
- Simon Legald designs stackable melamine …trays for Normann Copenhagen
- Black Box by Marc Newson for Dom Pérign…on
- Lodelei by Martin Pärn and Edina Dufala…-Pärn for Nils Holger Moormann
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories