Dezeen promotion: new design fair Qubique takes place from 26 to 29 October in Berlin.
The former Tempelhof airport will host established brands including Established & Sons, Artek, Arper, Fornasetti, Thonet, Vitra, e15 and more, alongside new and up-coming design enterprises.
There'll also be a talks program including designers Konstantin Grcic, Hella Jongerius, Ola Rune, Sebastian Wrong and music by New Young Pony Club, Amplifetes and Das Pop.
Entry is free throughout to trade professionals and visitors can gain access on 28 and 29 October for €14.50 for a day ticket or €18.50 for a two-day pass - register here.
Here are some more details from Qubique:
QUBIQUE - A NEXT GENERATION FURNITURE TRADE SHOW
BERLIN TEMPELHOF AIRPORT WILL BECOME THE NEW MECCA FOR FURNITURE PROFESSIONALS AND DESIGN ENTHUSIASTS
From 26 to 29 October 2011, the trade show Qubique will present the best selection of inspiring furniture design in the decommissioned Tempelhof Airport. The portfolio will be limited to high-profile and authentic international brands. Big market players will feel just as at home at Qubique as progressive brands and exciting newcomers.
Qubique presents itself as a next generation trade show: while marketing and business have their places, predominant roles will also be occupied by entertainment, inspiration and new impulses for the design world. The focus is on classic home furniture but individual producers of lights, floor coverings, fabrics or accessories will also be on display at this spectacular location. "We went about creating this event in the way a designer creates a new piece of furniture," says Matthias Schmid, CEO of offshow AG, the company behind Qubique.
This is not just another furniture fair - not a neutral trade show - but a platform that combines trade and marketing with communication, inspiration and entertainment.
The first two days of Qubique are only for professionals: dealers, architects, interior designers and members of the media have the opportunity to come together to exchange information and gather new ideas. During the following two days the show will open its doors to a wider audience. Design lovers and enthusiasts, trendsetters, and young creative talents will be able to experience, enjoy, and be inspired by the brands at the show.
At Qubique, business and pleasure complement each other perfectly: a supporting program, featuring workshops, shows, music and an exciting catering concept will allow the visitors and exhibitors to feel completely immersed in the world of Qubique.
Qubique Highlights 2011
- Established & Sons, Artek, Arper, Fornasetti, Thonet, Vitra, e15
- Foscarini presents the light installation "Metamorphosis"
- Ventura Berlin: An exposition of new blood in design and exciting design projects, curated by the creators of "Ventura Lambrate"
- Qubique Factory: the production process of the classic Thonet bentwood chair will be shown
- Photo exhibition by architectural photographer Iwan Baan
- Gallery Walk: eight of the world’s top contemporary design galleries will be showing and selling a unique selection of design objects and furniture
Qubique Special Events 2011:
- THE OPENING: Opening Party with the "Noisettes“ and the Wrong Shop Auction - a charity auction of items by Richard Woods, Konstatin Grcic, Jerszy Seymour & Sebastian Wrong
- Qubique meets Design: Designers‘ Talk with Konstantin Grcic, Hella Jongerius, Eero Koivisto, Sebastian Wrong, Alexander Schwarz and Thomas Demand, discussing the topic of "design & politics", hosted by Paola Antonelli (Senior Curator, Architecture and Design, The Museum of Modern Art, New York); live music by New Young Pony Club (UK)
- Qubique meets Architecture: the Metropol Parasol hosted by Hatje Cantz Publishers with Jürgen Mayer H. and Iwan Baan, presented by Andres Lepik, live music by Das Pop (BE)
THE CLOSING with live music by the Amplifetes (SWE) & DJs