1) All material published on Dezeen is the intellectual property of either Dezeen Limited, our content providers or our authors and is protected by international copyright law. Generally speaking, all text is the intellectual property of Dezeen Limited while images are the intellectual property of the relevant photographers, architects, designers etc, unless otherwise stated.
2) If no permission is given by either Dezeen Limited or our partners, the use of such content may constitute an intellectual-property infringement.
3) You are not permitted to use this website other than for private, non-commercial purposes. The use of automated systems or software to extract data from this website is expressly prohibited (including but not limited to machine learning or artificial intelligence (‘AI’) driven systems), unless the third party has directly concluded a written licence agreement with Dezeen Limited.
4) All other trademarks, brand names, product names and titles, copyright and other intellectual property rights published on Dezeen are trademarks, brand names, product names, copyright or other intellectual property rights of their respective rights holders. Permission to reproduce such material must be obtained from the relevant rights holders.
5) No part of this website may be translated, reprinted or reproduced or utilised in any form either in whole or in part or by any electronic, mechanical or other means, now known or invented in the future, including photocopying and recording, or in any information storage and retrieval system, without prior permission in writing from Dezeen Limited, except in accordance with permitted uses and provisions of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
6) We are generally happy for individuals and websites to repost material from www.dezeen.com online, so long as:
- Dezeen is cited as the source with a prominent credit and link to the relevant page on our site, eg "(via Dezeen)" or "Seen on Dezeen" or an in-text link etc;
- All copyright notices are respected, with credits and links to authors and photographers included next to the relevant text, images etc, and the permission of the copyright holder is sought in advance;
- Reposted content is limited to elements of individual stories and image sets rather than wholesale copying of entire stories or multiple stories;
- Our reposted content is freely accessible to all internet visitors, without pay or registration barriers, and is not used for commercial purposes;
- You take reasonable steps to ensure third-party sites do not repost our content from your site, eg by clearly publishing your own copyright notice.
7) Video may be freely embedded from our YouTube or Vimeo accounts. However, our video content may not be downloaded and reposted, or edited in any way, without our express permission. Other content from our site may not be used in video in any form without our permission. We generally charge a fee for the usage of video footage.
8) In accessing and using www.dezeen.com and related sites, you agree that you may not download content except for personal, non-commercial reference. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission of Dezeen Limited as, or on behalf of, the copyright owner.
9) For rights clearance, or if you want to discuss syndication, please contact us.
10) This website is governed by English law. Any dispute that cannot be resolved between us shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
This policy was last amended on 18 October 2023.