Swiss university of art and design ÉCAL (École Cantonale d'Art de Lausanne) ranks at number five in our schools list, owing to the popularity of the university's Milan design week 2016 presentations.
The student projects on show included collaborations with technology brand Punkt and Germany furniture brand e15, as well as a project that used connected technologies and virtual reality to imagine possible future versions of everyday objects.
Students on the product-design course also became the latest designers to refit Apartment N°50 in Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse housing block in Marseille, filling the apartment and roof terrace with home accessories designed to improve daily life.
1. ÉCAL students and Punkt update and simplify everyday electronic items
2. ÉCAL students use wood offcuts to create objects based on e15 stool
3. ÉCAL students anticipate the future of familiar objects for Milan exhibition
4. Dubai Design Week to showcase student work from RCA, ÉCAL and more in Global Grad Show
5. ÉCAL students take over Apartment N°50 at Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse