Sneak preview: the Issey Miyake Foundation has sent us photos of the nearly-completed 21_21 Design Sight building in Tokyo, designed by Tadao Ando Architect and Associates and Nikken Sekkei.
The facility, located in the Tokyo Midtown development zone near Roppongi in the Japanese capital, will host exhibitions and seminars exploring the meaning of design.
Issey Miyake Foundation describes 21_21 Design Sight as "a research center for design, a place for thinking about design, and a place where things are actually made."
The facility is the brainchild of clothing designer Issey Miyake, who has appointed graphic designer Taku Satoh and industrial designer Naoto Fukasawa as co-directors of the centre. Former AXIS magazine editor Noriko Kawakami is associate director.
21_21 Design Sight is due to open on 30 March 2007.
>> see updated photos of this building here.
- Atelier ARS screens Mexican house behind… stone wall and latticework
- North London Hospice by Allford Hall Mon…aghan Morris
- Mountain hideaway hidden inside a concre…te boulder in the Alps
- Interactive model offers a look inside H…erzog & de Meuron's Elbphilharmonie
- Dezeen's top architecture quotes of 2014
- Havøysund Tourist Route by Reiulf Ramst…ad Architects
- Civic Centre in Palencia by Exit Archite…cts and Eduardo Delgado Orusco
- Abstract photography by Lewis Bush chron…icles the "aggressive redevelopment" of London
- Kuro by 1980/Takuya Hosokai + Hiromasa M…ori
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories