Sneak preview: the Issey Miyake Foundation has sent us photos of the nearly-completed 21_21 Design Sight building in Tokyo, designed by Tadao Ando Architect and Associates and Nikken Sekkei.
The facility, located in the Tokyo Midtown development zone near Roppongi in the Japanese capital, will host exhibitions and seminars exploring the meaning of design.
Issey Miyake Foundation describes 21_21 Design Sight as "a research center for design, a place for thinking about design, and a place where things are actually made."
The facility is the brainchild of clothing designer Issey Miyake, who has appointed graphic designer Taku Satoh and industrial designer Naoto Fukasawa as co-directors of the centre. Former AXIS magazine editor Noriko Kawakami is associate director.
21_21 Design Sight is due to open on 30 March 2007.
>> see updated photos of this building here.
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: V-House by… GAAGA
- Shenzhen Stock Exchange by OMA
- Sheikh Zayed Bridge by Zaha Hadid Arch…itects
- MUMUTH by UNStudio
- MAXXI National Museum of XXI Century A…rts by Zaha Hadid wins RIBA Stirling Prize
- Doubleview House by Murúa-Valenzuela …architects
- Villa Rotonda by Bedaux de Brouwer Arc…hitecten
- Raffles City Hangzhou by UNStudio
- Private House Bellmund by EXH Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories