Sneak preview: the Issey Miyake Foundation has sent us photos of the nearly-completed 21_21 Design Sight building in Tokyo, designed by Tadao Ando Architect and Associates and Nikken Sekkei.
The facility, located in the Tokyo Midtown development zone near Roppongi in the Japanese capital, will host exhibitions and seminars exploring the meaning of design.
Issey Miyake Foundation describes 21_21 Design Sight as "a research center for design, a place for thinking about design, and a place where things are actually made."
The facility is the brainchild of clothing designer Issey Miyake, who has appointed graphic designer Taku Satoh and industrial designer Naoto Fukasawa as co-directors of the centre. Former AXIS magazine editor Noriko Kawakami is associate director.
21_21 Design Sight is due to open on 30 March 2007.
>> see updated photos of this building here.
- The House with Balls by Matharoo Associa…tes
- Underwater hotel room opens off the coas…t of Zanzibar
- Wellness Sky by 4of7
- Movie: Pabellon Ultraligero Centrifugo b…y Clavel Arquitectos
- New Holland Island by WORKac
- Multi Mill by NL Architects
- CET Budapest by ONL
- Rehabilitation Centre Groot Klimmendaal …by Architectenbureau Koen van Velsen
- Ty Pren by Feilden Fowles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories