Fashion Architecture Taste have completed two new projects for restauranteur Oliver Peyton in London.
Meal's is a 60-cover restaurant inside venerable furniture store Heal's on Tottenham Court Road.
FAT's rustic, farmhouse-style interior features oak-veneered decorative screens and trompe l-oeil tables.
Peyton & Byrne, meanwhile, is a traditional-style take-away bakery set in the entrance of the Heal's building.
Lined with brick-shaped dairy tiles and featuring a bronze picture window, the shop sells traditional English fare such as sausage rolls and fairy cakes.
The shop is just around the corner from the dezeen office and we can highly reccommend their five-for-a-pound biscuit selection.
- Innovation Tower at Hong Kong Polytechni…c University by Zaha Hadid Architects
- West Virginia treehouse by Mithun hosts …the American boy scouts' Jamboree
- Jönköping – Västra Kajen by Tham & …Videgård Hansson Arkitekter
- Charred Cabin by DRAA is a blackened tim…ber shelter on stilts
- Warm Architects adds cast concrete stair…case to Garcia's House in Cancún
- Book Mountain by MVRDV
- Vietnam house by MM++ Architects feature…s a palm-leaf roof and an open-air living space
- The UK "is not interested in funding" pu…blic buildings says David Chipperfield
- Concrete volumes are fused with an old p…iano factory to create David Chipperfield's Berlin office
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories