London design duo &made have announced a free VIP chauffeur service during this year's Milan furniture fair.
Toby Hadden and Dave Cameron plan to provide a fleet of up to ten vehicles to ferry design industry VIPs between parties and private views during the fair, held from 18 to 23 April.
The cars will be driven by young designers, who will use the journeys to promote their work to their passengers.
The wheeze follows last year's inaugural &made taxi service, which saw Hadden and Cameron drive journalists around Milan and which resulted in considerable press coverage from grateful reporters.
Dezeen hopes to be among the first to blag a ride with the &made fleet, which is partly why we're posting this story (along with gratuitous images of their work).
After all, there is nothing funny about being marooned in a Milanese suburb in the rain at 4am with no hope of a cab home.
>> &made, along with fellow British designers Peter Marigold, Hiroko Shiratori, Eelko Moorer and Nadine Jarvis, will be showcased at the Great Brits - Ingenious Therapies show during the Milan furniture fair.
- "I brought bird cages back to the Seven …Dials area" - Dominic Wilcox
- Illum camera creates interactive photogr…aphs that users can re-focus after shooting
- Offset by Giorgio Biscaro Design Studio
- Revised Craft by Sjoerd Vroonland
- Eve bracelet by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Naturoscopie II by Noé Duchaufour-Lawra…nce
- Dezeen and designjunction launch map of… West End Design Quarter 2014
- Design With Conscience at Vivid Gallery
- Zaha Hadid installs aluminium wave over …pool in V&A museum garden
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories