London design duo &made have announced a free VIP chauffeur service during this year's Milan furniture fair.
Toby Hadden and Dave Cameron plan to provide a fleet of up to ten vehicles to ferry design industry VIPs between parties and private views during the fair, held from 18 to 23 April.
The cars will be driven by young designers, who will use the journeys to promote their work to their passengers.
The wheeze follows last year's inaugural &made taxi service, which saw Hadden and Cameron drive journalists around Milan and which resulted in considerable press coverage from grateful reporters.
Dezeen hopes to be among the first to blag a ride with the &made fleet, which is partly why we're posting this story (along with gratuitous images of their work).
After all, there is nothing funny about being marooned in a Milanese suburb in the rain at 4am with no hope of a cab home.
>> &made, along with fellow British designers Peter Marigold, Hiroko Shiratori, Eelko Moorer and Nadine Jarvis, will be showcased at the Great Brits - Ingenious Therapies show during the Milan furniture fair.
- Zero Gravity by Fly-Pitcher
- Yulia Yadryshnikova bases capsule fashio…n collection on Luca Nichetto's sofa cover
- Solar rickshaw by SolarLab
- Lee Broom to create pastiche department …store inside empty shops for Milan exhibition
- Snarkitecture creates warren of textile …ribbons for COS
- Relumine by Mischer’Traxler
- Mugrosita by Liliana Ovalle
- Strato Cruiser airship concept by Tino S…chaedler and Michael J Brown
- Talma chair by Benjamin Hubert for Moros…o
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories