London design duo &made have announced a free VIP chauffeur service during this year's Milan furniture fair.
Toby Hadden and Dave Cameron plan to provide a fleet of up to ten vehicles to ferry design industry VIPs between parties and private views during the fair, held from 18 to 23 April.
The cars will be driven by young designers, who will use the journeys to promote their work to their passengers.
The wheeze follows last year's inaugural &made taxi service, which saw Hadden and Cameron drive journalists around Milan and which resulted in considerable press coverage from grateful reporters.
Dezeen hopes to be among the first to blag a ride with the &made fleet, which is partly why we're posting this story (along with gratuitous images of their work).
After all, there is nothing funny about being marooned in a Milanese suburb in the rain at 4am with no hope of a cab home.
>> &made, along with fellow British designers Peter Marigold, Hiroko Shiratori, Eelko Moorer and Nadine Jarvis, will be showcased at the Great Brits - Ingenious Therapies show during the Milan furniture fair.
- Ribbons for Japan by John Pawson
- Andrea Branzi at Fondation Cartier
- Gridlock by Philippe Malouin
- UseLess is More by JVLT
- Inaugural London design sale and think t…ank at Phillips de Pury & Company
- Tim van de Weerd's Monstera plant pots b…alance on spindly legs
- Is Copenhagen the new Milan?
- Another Country launches lighting collec…tion with designs by Dana Cannam
- Ordinary Architecture stages Hollywood s…ign hoax in Los Angeles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories