London design duo &made have announced a free VIP chauffeur service during this year's Milan furniture fair.
Toby Hadden and Dave Cameron plan to provide a fleet of up to ten vehicles to ferry design industry VIPs between parties and private views during the fair, held from 18 to 23 April.
The cars will be driven by young designers, who will use the journeys to promote their work to their passengers.
The wheeze follows last year's inaugural &made taxi service, which saw Hadden and Cameron drive journalists around Milan and which resulted in considerable press coverage from grateful reporters.
Dezeen hopes to be among the first to blag a ride with the &made fleet, which is partly why we're posting this story (along with gratuitous images of their work).
After all, there is nothing funny about being marooned in a Milanese suburb in the rain at 4am with no hope of a cab home.
>> &made, along with fellow British designers Peter Marigold, Hiroko Shiratori, Eelko Moorer and Nadine Jarvis, will be showcased at the Great Brits - Ingenious Therapies show during the Milan furniture fair.
- Something designs lamp for Ligne Roset t…o look like a bellflower
- Download the first FOMO experiment in al…gorithmic publishing direct from Milan
- Dezeen Watch Store: Whereverby Denis Gui…done
- Noyberg & Bulka uses sewing machines to …stamp ink patterns onto clothes
- Zaha Hadid furniture exhibited in New Yo…rk
- New watches at the Dezeen Watch Store
- New Stuff exhibition at the Johnson Trad…ing Gallery
- Movie: Daan Roosegaarde discusses his Sm…art Highway project
- David Adjaye pavilion unveiled
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories