The images show work in progress on the museum's galleries, which are made of cast fairface concrete.
MAXXI stands for "Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo" (National Museum of 21st Century Art).
Hadid won the architectural competition to design the building in 1998 with a design that respondds to the form and arrangement of existing industrial buildings on the site.
It consists of galleries contained in long, narrow concrete forms that curve, overlap and weave around each other.
Work started on the 26,000sq m arts building, which is located in Via Guido Reni in Rome, in March 2003.
- CCDH office by Moarqs
- Livraria de Vila by Isay Weinfeld Arquit…ecto
- Gardens by the Bay by Grant Associates a…nd Wilkinson Eyre Architects
- Architecture of Change on Gestalten.tv
- Fogo Island Inn by Saunders Architecture
- The City in the Building by ADEPT and Lu…plau & Poulsen
- NHow Hotel Berlin by NPS Tchoban Voss
- Franken Architekten engraves ghost timbe…rs into facade of Frankfurt house
- JYA-rchitects develops affordable homes …for low-income families in South Korea
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories