The images show work in progress on the museum's galleries, which are made of cast fairface concrete.
MAXXI stands for "Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo" (National Museum of 21st Century Art).
Hadid won the architectural competition to design the building in 1998 with a design that respondds to the form and arrangement of existing industrial buildings on the site.
It consists of galleries contained in long, narrow concrete forms that curve, overlap and weave around each other.
Work started on the 26,000sq m arts building, which is located in Via Guido Reni in Rome, in March 2003.
- Designers convert lifeguard towers int…o winter pavilions for Toronto's frozen beaches
- Villa Rotterdam by Ooze
- Pedra Tosca Park by RCR Arquitectes
- Stem Cell Building at UCSFby Rafael Vi…ñoly Architects
- Mosquée d’Algérie by KSP Jürgen E…ngel Architekten
- Bottière Chenaie by Block Architects
- New Pinterest board: architecture by O…MA
- Black and White Gallery by CarverHagga…rd is based on colonial architecture
- Prada Transformer by OMA/Rem Koolhaas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories