The images show work in progress on the museum's galleries, which are made of cast fairface concrete.
MAXXI stands for "Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo" (National Museum of 21st Century Art).
Hadid won the architectural competition to design the building in 1998 with a design that respondds to the form and arrangement of existing industrial buildings on the site.
It consists of galleries contained in long, narrow concrete forms that curve, overlap and weave around each other.
Work started on the 26,000sq m arts building, which is located in Via Guido Reni in Rome, in March 2003.
- Edificio BIP by Alberto Mozó
- New Pinterest board: Herzog & de Meuron
- Manny by Tetrarc
- Park Groot Vijversburg by Junya Ishigami… + Associates and MAKS
- Madison House by Thomas Phifer and Partn…ers
- Extension to a house in Chaville by CUT …Architectures
- Frank Lloyd Wright: From Within Outward …at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Astana National Library by BIG
- Psycho Buildings at The Hayward
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories