The images show work in progress on the museum's galleries, which are made of cast fairface concrete.
MAXXI stands for "Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo" (National Museum of 21st Century Art).
Hadid won the architectural competition to design the building in 1998 with a design that respondds to the form and arrangement of existing industrial buildings on the site.
It consists of galleries contained in long, narrow concrete forms that curve, overlap and weave around each other.
Work started on the 26,000sq m arts building, which is located in Via Guido Reni in Rome, in March 2003.
- Metal-clad housing by Joliark features f…lush detailing and boxy balconies
- Erick van Egeraat in Tatarstan
- Updated Pinterest board: pavilions
- Casa Flotanta by Benjamin Garcia Saxe Ar…chitecture is raised above a forest
- Alastair Philip Wiper photographs constr…uction of Copenhagen's new metro line
- Lilium Tower in Warsaw by Zaha Hadid
- Living Around a Patio by Julio Barreno
- Salmtal Secondary School Canteen by Spre…ierTrenner Architekten
- Timber-clad seaside house with wood-text…ured concrete interior by Ultra Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories