The images show work in progress on the museum's galleries, which are made of cast fairface concrete.
MAXXI stands for "Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo" (National Museum of 21st Century Art).
Hadid won the architectural competition to design the building in 1998 with a design that respondds to the form and arrangement of existing industrial buildings on the site.
It consists of galleries contained in long, narrow concrete forms that curve, overlap and weave around each other.
Work started on the 26,000sq m arts building, which is located in Via Guido Reni in Rome, in March 2003.
- Cultural Centre Association by RMDM Arch…itects
- Sainsbury Laboratory by Stanton Williams
- Pike Loop by Gramazio & Kohler
- A pile of sand marks the entrance to Des…ign Miami
- Kouichi Kimura's Scape House uses a vari…ety of windows to create a hierarchy of views
- Bentley library by Fashion Architecture …Taste
- House by Philip Stejskal can be "locked …down" with shutters that blend into the facade
- Cultural centre at Bodø, Norway by Lang…don Reis Zahn
- Keperra House built around a sheltered d…eck by A-CH
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories