The images show work in progress on the museum's galleries, which are made of cast fairface concrete.
MAXXI stands for "Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo" (National Museum of 21st Century Art).
Hadid won the architectural competition to design the building in 1998 with a design that respondds to the form and arrangement of existing industrial buildings on the site.
It consists of galleries contained in long, narrow concrete forms that curve, overlap and weave around each other.
Work started on the 26,000sq m arts building, which is located in Via Guido Reni in Rome, in March 2003.
- Biotechnological Park Building by Tatian…a Bilbao
- Central Business District at Shanghai Ho…ngqiao Airport by MVRDV with Aedas
- 23 East 22nd Street by OMA
- MAD's Nanjing masterplan features buildi…ngs designed to look like mountains
- Vennesla Library and Cultural Centre by …Helen & Hard Architects
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: David Chippe…rfield
- The Architectural Ride at Battersea Powe…r Station by Atelier Zündel Cristea
- Cloudy Bay Shack by Paul Rolfe Architect…s and Tonkin Zulaikha Greer Architects
- Holmenkollen ski jump by JDS Architects …opens
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories