Lace Fence by young Dutch design team Demakersvan is going into production in India.
The design, which was one of the highlights at Milan last year, is to be produced by ID Fence of Bangalore.
Lace Fence was designed by Demakersvan's Joep Verhoeven in 2005 when he was still a student. It was part of his graduation project at Design Academy Eindhoven and exhibited at the academy's show in Milan during the furniture fair in April 2006.
Based on factory-made chainlink security fences, Lace Fence contains decorative elements based on traditional lace patterns.
This mixing of industrial and craft references is a common theme in contemporary Dutch design.
- Special Spoons by Ineke Hans come like a… model kit
- Droog adapts Rijksmuseum collection for …Milan exhibition
- New bus for London by Thomas Heatherwick
- Jeonghwa Seo experiments with form for S…tructure For Use benches
- Pop Up Vaccine by Elena Figus
- Restless by Ron Arad at Friedman Benda g…allery
- XTable by KiBiSi
- Biodegradable fishing nets could prevent… sea mammal deaths
- Calvert Brody typeface by Margaret Calve…rt, Neville Brody and Henrik Kubel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories