Lace Fence by young Dutch design team Demakersvan is going into production in India.
The design, which was one of the highlights at Milan last year, is to be produced by ID Fence of Bangalore.
Lace Fence was designed by Demakersvan's Joep Verhoeven in 2005 when he was still a student. It was part of his graduation project at Design Academy Eindhoven and exhibited at the academy's show in Milan during the furniture fair in April 2006.
Based on factory-made chainlink security fences, Lace Fence contains decorative elements based on traditional lace patterns.
This mixing of industrial and craft references is a common theme in contemporary Dutch design.
- Silverware by Glithero
- "The Wind Portal tries to grasp and emph…asise common emotions and senses"
- Omote 3D Shashinkan by Party
- Chambre d'Ami by Matali Crasset for Camp…eggi
- Fabrica reinterprets everyday objects fo…r Extra-Ordinary Gallery at Ace Hotel Shoreditch
- Bill Moggridge wins 2010 Prince Philip D…esigners Prize
- Dezeen Podcast: Colin Forbes remembering… Alan Fletcher at the Design Museum
- Autographer camera by OMG Life with Chau…han Studio
- Timeless Objects by Boym Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories