Lace Fence by young Dutch design team Demakersvan is going into production in India.
The design, which was one of the highlights at Milan last year, is to be produced by ID Fence of Bangalore.
Lace Fence was designed by Demakersvan's Joep Verhoeven in 2005 when he was still a student. It was part of his graduation project at Design Academy Eindhoven and exhibited at the academy's show in Milan during the furniture fair in April 2006.
Based on factory-made chainlink security fences, Lace Fence contains decorative elements based on traditional lace patterns.
This mixing of industrial and craft references is a common theme in contemporary Dutch design.
- Furniture by Tierney Haines
- Zieharsofika upholstery by Meike Harde
- Feel the Difference by NL Architects
- Morgans by Andrée Putman for Emeco
- Infrasons by Matali Crasset
- Kaarsrecht Glas by Pascal Smelik
- No Bad Colours by Ron Arad
- 3D-printed perfume tools by Unfold and… Barnabé Fillion
- Big-Game's Hammer Lamp combines tradit…ional and contemporary metalwork
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories