Lace Fence by young Dutch design team Demakersvan is going into production in India.
The design, which was one of the highlights at Milan last year, is to be produced by ID Fence of Bangalore.
Lace Fence was designed by Demakersvan's Joep Verhoeven in 2005 when he was still a student. It was part of his graduation project at Design Academy Eindhoven and exhibited at the academy's show in Milan during the furniture fair in April 2006.
Based on factory-made chainlink security fences, Lace Fence contains decorative elements based on traditional lace patterns.
This mixing of industrial and craft references is a common theme in contemporary Dutch design.
- Heaven by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Claesson Koivisto Rune extends its W131a…luminium lighting range for Wästberg
- 150 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen Wa…tch Store
- Lighting design classes at the Brandi In…stitute
- Wen Jing Lai mixes knives and forks with… chopsticks to create Westiental cutlery
- Side Chair One and Two by Alexander Knel…ler
- Sibling turns pink fur and brown paper p…ackaging into clothing
- Lego Greenhouse by Sebastian Bergne
- Famous works of art transformed into bui…ldings in Federico Babina’s Archist Series
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories