Lace Fence by young Dutch design team Demakersvan is going into production in India.
The design, which was one of the highlights at Milan last year, is to be produced by ID Fence of Bangalore.
Lace Fence was designed by Demakersvan's Joep Verhoeven in 2005 when he was still a student. It was part of his graduation project at Design Academy Eindhoven and exhibited at the academy's show in Milan during the furniture fair in April 2006.
Based on factory-made chainlink security fences, Lace Fence contains decorative elements based on traditional lace patterns.
This mixing of industrial and craft references is a common theme in contemporary Dutch design.
- Trestle by TAF
- Future Self by rAndom International, Way…ne McGregor and Max Richter
- My London by Nendo for Established & Son…s
- Comradettes by Eldina Begic
- Slim Office by Bertjan Pot
- Flower Street BioReactor by Emergent
- A limited edition of one million by Sigh…n
- Transparent Collection by Nendo
- Cork Helmet covers the head to muffle no…ise pollution
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories