Architects Journal editor Isabel Allen is leaving to work for TV presenter Kevin McCloud.
Allen resigned yesterday and will become design director for Happiness Architecture Beauty (Hab) - McCloud's new development company dedicated to building sustainable housing.
McCloud is presenter of Channel 4's Grand Designs series. Last year he announced he was setting up Hab after becoming frustrated at the poor quality of new housing in the UK.
Allen has edited the AJ since 1999, recently overseeing a major redesign of the title in 2005 and winning a string of awards last year, including PPA Editor of the Year and BSME Editor of the Year.
Ben Greenish, managing director of AJ publisher Emap Construct, said: "Having spent 11 years writing about architecture, Isabel has decided that the time has come to re-enter that world. She is teaming up with Kevin McCloud to become Design Director of Hab (Happiness Architecture Beauty), a development company committed to building zero carbon emission contemporary homes. We are very sad to see her go."
He added: "Clearly for AJ a new editor brings new ideas and developments, and we will be seeking to appoint someone charged with developing the brand and its content even further - a new era for AJ."
- House with Tiny Pool by NRM-Architects O…ffice
- W-Window House by Alphaville
- Endémico Resguardo Silvestre by Gracia …Studio
- Fobe House by Guilhem Eustache
- S House by Glamuzina Paterson Architects
- Cloud Tower by the next ENTERprise – a…rchitects
- House H by Hiroyuki Shinozaki Architects
- Tense Architecture Network completes a "…frugal" concrete home in a Greek olive grove
- Sigurd Larsen completes low-cost family …house in Copenhagen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories