Originally designed thirty-five years ago, Bellini has now redesigned the chair with a slimmer profile and new fabrics.
The original armchair (Bambola) is now joined by a two seat sofa (Bibambola), three seat sofa (Tribambola) and ottoman (Bambouf) in two sizes. The new collection is called Bambole '07.
One of the great Italian designers, Bellini was born in Milan in 1935 and graduated in the faculty of architecture at the Engineering University of Milan in 1961.
He has won the prestigious Compasso d’Oro design prize seven times, including for Le Bambole in 1979, and was editor-in-chief of Domus for 6 years.
Bambole '07 was launched at the IMM furniture fair in Cologne last month and is available in the UK from March.
Below: Oliviero Toscani’s controversial advertising campaign for the original Le Bambole chair featured model Donna Jordan posing in the chair.
- Cliq coat hangers by Flow Design replace… hooks with magnets
- Droog show Taiwan fruits
- Hella Jongerius reveals "expression of y…arn and colour" with rugs in Milan
- Jeremy Maxwell Wintrebert to create mout…h-blown glass installation at the V&A
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze
- Lancaster by Michael Young for Emeco
- Tablefields by Frederik Roijé
- Faceture by Phil Cuttance
- La part des Anges by Duende
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories