Originally designed thirty-five years ago, Bellini has now redesigned the chair with a slimmer profile and new fabrics.
The original armchair (Bambola) is now joined by a two seat sofa (Bibambola), three seat sofa (Tribambola) and ottoman (Bambouf) in two sizes. The new collection is called Bambole '07.
One of the great Italian designers, Bellini was born in Milan in 1935 and graduated in the faculty of architecture at the Engineering University of Milan in 1961.
He has won the prestigious Compasso d’Oro design prize seven times, including for Le Bambole in 1979, and was editor-in-chief of Domus for 6 years.
Bambole '07 was launched at the IMM furniture fair in Cologne last month and is available in the UK from March.
Below: Oliviero Toscani’s controversial advertising campaign for the original Le Bambole chair featured model Donna Jordan posing in the chair.
- Marble Lights by Studio Vit
- Out of the Woods at the V&A museum
- 4millimetri table by Studiocharlie
- Nendo creates dining room optical illusi…on at Japan's Expo pavilion
- //Slash sofa by Adrien Rovero for Campeg…gi
- Silestone Slab Vases by Form Us With Lov…e for Cosentino
- Tin Can Lids by Jack Bresnahan
- Furniture that looks like line drawings …by Jinil Park
- Brooklyn's Egg Collective unveils handma…de wooden furniture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories