Originally designed thirty-five years ago, Bellini has now redesigned the chair with a slimmer profile and new fabrics.
The original armchair (Bambola) is now joined by a two seat sofa (Bibambola), three seat sofa (Tribambola) and ottoman (Bambouf) in two sizes. The new collection is called Bambole '07.
One of the great Italian designers, Bellini was born in Milan in 1935 and graduated in the faculty of architecture at the Engineering University of Milan in 1961.
He has won the prestigious Compasso d’Oro design prize seven times, including for Le Bambole in 1979, and was editor-in-chief of Domus for 6 years.
Bambole '07 was launched at the IMM furniture fair in Cologne last month and is available in the UK from March.
Below: Oliviero Toscani’s controversial advertising campaign for the original Le Bambole chair featured model Donna Jordan posing in the chair.
- Bobble by Karim Rashid
- Plumen low-energy bulbs by Hulger
- Designed in Hackney: Side Table by Jaspe…r Morrison for SCP
- Ineke Hans' Drawer Table offers storage …for slender items
- Dyson Hard two-in-one vacuum cleaner by …Dyson
- Strange Symphony by Philipp Weber
- Eight of the best (and worst) iWatch con…cept guesses
- Windoil by Dave Hakkens
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: 40% off …Mutewatch
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories