Originally designed thirty-five years ago, Bellini has now redesigned the chair with a slimmer profile and new fabrics.
The original armchair (Bambola) is now joined by a two seat sofa (Bibambola), three seat sofa (Tribambola) and ottoman (Bambouf) in two sizes. The new collection is called Bambole '07.
One of the great Italian designers, Bellini was born in Milan in 1935 and graduated in the faculty of architecture at the Engineering University of Milan in 1961.
He has won the prestigious Compasso d’Oro design prize seven times, including for Le Bambole in 1979, and was editor-in-chief of Domus for 6 years.
Bambole '07 was launched at the IMM furniture fair in Cologne last month and is available in the UK from March.
Below: Oliviero Toscani’s controversial advertising campaign for the original Le Bambole chair featured model Donna Jordan posing in the chair.
- Design Probes 2007 by Philips Design a…t Dutch Design Week
- Basket by Marco Dessí for Lobmeyr
- OK lamp by Konstantin Grcic for Flos
- Mattia Bonetti at David Gill Galleries
- Harvest by Asif Khan
- Chapel of the Assumption Interior by J…ohn Doe
- Totem by Boym Partners
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze
- Karamel Sans CE by Marta Maštálková
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories