Naoto Fukasawa's office has sent us better images of the Japanese designer's prototype Infobar2 phone.
The concept phone is an updated version of Fukasawa's iconic 2001 Infobar design.
Like its predecessor, Infobar2 was commissioned by Japanese mobile phone brand KDDI as part of its design-led AU Design Project series.
The new version retains the large, square keys of the original but is thinner and has rounded edges, "as if regular candy began melting and became slightly rounded in the mouth," according to the AU Design Project website.
Also like the original, Infobar2 comes in a range of colourfully tiled keypads.
The design has not yet gone into production.
- Osmosis by Arik Levy
- Form 6 G3 vibrator by Jimmyjane
- 2013 was "a year of seminal women design…ers" says Design Miami director
- Ma.Mo. by Sunya Studio
- Shortlist for Designs of the Year
- Giant flowers obscure models in Ondrej A…damek's graduate fashion collection
- Pretty Vacant by Rietveld Landscape
- "Shoreditch symbolises the new creative …economy of London"
- Haptic Chair by Trine Kjaer Design Studi…o
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories