Naoto Fukasawa's office has sent us better images of the Japanese designer's prototype Infobar2 phone.
The concept phone is an updated version of Fukasawa's iconic 2001 Infobar design.
Like its predecessor, Infobar2 was commissioned by Japanese mobile phone brand KDDI as part of its design-led AU Design Project series.
The new version retains the large, square keys of the original but is thinner and has rounded edges, "as if regular candy began melting and became slightly rounded in the mouth," according to the AU Design Project website.
Also like the original, Infobar2 comes in a range of colourfully tiled keypads.
The design has not yet gone into production.
- Euro Condom by Ingo Maurer
- Perch Collection by Pierre Favresse at N…ouvelle Vague
- Underground Supporter posters by Rizon
- Prada Prototypes auction by AMO
- Stop2Go by Mondaine at Dezeen Watch Stor…e
- Dezeen Screen: NewspaperWood by Mieke Me…ijer and Vij5
- Neolastic tableware by Studio Sjoerd Jon…kers
- Sergio concept car by Pininfarina
- Scary Beautiful by Leanie van der Vyver
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories