Naoto Fukasawa's office has sent us better images of the Japanese designer's prototype Infobar2 phone.
The concept phone is an updated version of Fukasawa's iconic 2001 Infobar design.
Like its predecessor, Infobar2 was commissioned by Japanese mobile phone brand KDDI as part of its design-led AU Design Project series.
The new version retains the large, square keys of the original but is thinner and has rounded edges, "as if regular candy began melting and became slightly rounded in the mouth," according to the AU Design Project website.
Also like the original, Infobar2 comes in a range of colourfully tiled keypads.
The design has not yet gone into production.
- Stair-Rover by Po-Chih Lai update
- Dark Noon by Nendo available in two new …models at Dezeen Watch Store
- SuperDesign at Victoria House, London
- Dominic Wilcox to build driverless car m…ade out of stained glass
- Stuck Chair by Oato
- Jewellerysense by Flóra Vági
- Stone Spray Robot by Anna Kulik, Inder S…hergill and Petr Novikov
- Nordic designers collaborate to create S…AM table for Fogia
- Nike Zvezdochka by Marc Newson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories