Naoto Fukasawa's office has sent us better images of the Japanese designer's prototype Infobar2 phone.
The concept phone is an updated version of Fukasawa's iconic 2001 Infobar design.
Like its predecessor, Infobar2 was commissioned by Japanese mobile phone brand KDDI as part of its design-led AU Design Project series.
The new version retains the large, square keys of the original but is thinner and has rounded edges, "as if regular candy began melting and became slightly rounded in the mouth," according to the AU Design Project website.
Also like the original, Infobar2 comes in a range of colourfully tiled keypads.
The design has not yet gone into production.
- Nordpark Cable Railway by Zaha Hadid A…rchitects
- Nomad table by Jorre van Ast
- Antenna by Neil Poulton for Vertigo Bi…rd
- Dezeen Screen: Change the Record by Pa…ul Cocksedge
- Bocci debuts cloud-shaped 73 glass pen…dant lights
- BAC chair by Jasper Morrison for Cappe…llini
- Glass Skin by Kiki van Eijk and Joost …van Bleiswijk
- Iconograph by Werner Aisslinger: speci…al Christmas edition at Dezeen Watch Store
- Boojum by Megumi Matsubara with Assist…ant
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories