As you may have noticed, we're focusing on architecture and design in the Middle East in the run up to the International Design Forum in Dubai next month.
Here are several renderings, model shots, plans and elevations of Jean Nouvel's High Rise Office Building proposal for Doha in Qatar.
Work has already started on the 45-storey tower, which is due for completion late in 2008.
The glass-clad building is wrapped in a metal brise-soleil based on a traditional Islamic pattern.
For more design developments in the Middle East, check out our blog for the IDF.
>> more Jean Nouvel on dezeen:
La Philharmonie de Paris by Jean Nouvel (first of three consecutive posts)
- New Institute for Contemporary Art by St…even Holl Architects
- Copper-clad chapel in Finland has a curv…ing wooden frame like a ship's hull
- Holmenkollen ski jump by JDS Architects …completed
- House in Naruto by Horibe Associates
- Multi-storey Temporary Housing by Shiger…u Ban Architects
- Yotsuya Tenera by Key Operation
- West Beach Cafe by Asif Khan
- CAZA's 100 Walls Church is surrounded by… staggered walls
- House Folded by Alphaville
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories