As you may have noticed, we're focusing on architecture and design in the Middle East in the run up to the International Design Forum in Dubai next month.
Here are several renderings, model shots, plans and elevations of Jean Nouvel's High Rise Office Building proposal for Doha in Qatar.
Work has already started on the 45-storey tower, which is due for completion late in 2008.
The glass-clad building is wrapped in a metal brise-soleil based on a traditional Islamic pattern.
For more design developments in the Middle East, check out our blog for the IDF.
>> more Jean Nouvel on dezeen:
La Philharmonie de Paris by Jean Nouvel (first of three consecutive posts)
- Glazing disappears into the walls of Tig…g Coll's Malbrook Road extension
- Tallinn City Hall by Bjarke Ingels Group
- CRAB Studio creates cave-like meeting ro…oms at Bond University architecture faculty
- House No.7 cottage and extensions on the… Isle of Tiree by Denizen Works
- Cabin by Cyrén & Cyrén
- Wooden sheds by Rever & Drage with slidi…ng doors and a retractable roof
- MIMA House by MIMA Architects
- Casa Leanza by Sergio Calatroni Artroom
- Melkwegbridge by NEXT Architects and Rie…tveld Landscape
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories