As you may have noticed, we're focusing on architecture and design in the Middle East in the run up to the International Design Forum in Dubai next month.
Here are several renderings, model shots, plans and elevations of Jean Nouvel's High Rise Office Building proposal for Doha in Qatar.
Work has already started on the 45-storey tower, which is due for completion late in 2008.
The glass-clad building is wrapped in a metal brise-soleil based on a traditional Islamic pattern.
For more design developments in the Middle East, check out our blog for the IDF.
>> more Jean Nouvel on dezeen:
La Philharmonie de Paris by Jean Nouvel (first of three consecutive posts)
- Chemical Laboratory Building by Héctor …Fernández-Elorza
- West Kowloon Cultural District by OMA
- Veilige Veste by KAW
- Modern Art Museum of Medellin by 51-1 Ar…quitectos
- Cremorne Riverside Centre by Sarah Wiggl…esworth Architects
- Ecological house in a glass box raised a…bove the landscape by Paul de Ruiter Architects
- Loop Kindergarten by SAKO Architects
- Apartment building by Znamení Čtyř
- The Orangery by Liddicoat & Goldhill
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories