As you may have noticed, we're focusing on architecture and design in the Middle East in the run up to the International Design Forum in Dubai next month.
Here are several renderings, model shots, plans and elevations of Jean Nouvel's High Rise Office Building proposal for Doha in Qatar.
Work has already started on the 45-storey tower, which is due for completion late in 2008.
The glass-clad building is wrapped in a metal brise-soleil based on a traditional Islamic pattern.
For more design developments in the Middle East, check out our blog for the IDF.
>> more Jean Nouvel on dezeen:
La Philharmonie de Paris by Jean Nouvel (first of three consecutive posts)
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Isay Weinf…eld
- Olisur olive oil factory by GH + A Arc…hitects
- New Pinterest board: Foster + Partners
- Brutalist buildings: National Theatre,… London by Denys Lasdun
- Sussex House by Wilkinson King Archite…cts boasts cedar-clad walls and a ridged roof
- Villa by Knevel Architecten
- Cloverdale749 apartments by LOHA featu…re balconies screened by perforated metal panels
- Shingle-clad house by Bates Masi Archi…tects mimics Long Island potato barns
- Lumen United Reformed Church by Theis …and Khan Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories