As you may have noticed, we're focusing on architecture and design in the Middle East in the run up to the International Design Forum in Dubai next month.
Here are several renderings, model shots, plans and elevations of Jean Nouvel's High Rise Office Building proposal for Doha in Qatar.
Work has already started on the 45-storey tower, which is due for completion late in 2008.
The glass-clad building is wrapped in a metal brise-soleil based on a traditional Islamic pattern.
For more design developments in the Middle East, check out our blog for the IDF.
>> more Jean Nouvel on dezeen:
La Philharmonie de Paris by Jean Nouvel (first of three consecutive posts)
- ESGE Ecole Secondaire de Genolierby ipas
- House for elderly people by Aires Mateus… Arquitectos
- Movie by Pedro Kok: Marquise do Parque d…o Ibirapuera by Oscar Niemeyer
- Tillich Architektur adds folded concrete… facade to textile company headquarters
- Duggan Morris injects new life into Geor…gian office block in Shoreditch with metal mesh
- House in Koamicho by Suppose Design Offi…ce
- Campbell Sports Centre by Steven Holl Ar…chitects
- Carrasco International Airport by Rafael… Viñoly
- Essent Energy heating plant by Bonnema
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories