As you may have noticed, we're focusing on architecture and design in the Middle East in the run up to the International Design Forum in Dubai next month.
Here are several renderings, model shots, plans and elevations of Jean Nouvel's High Rise Office Building proposal for Doha in Qatar.
Work has already started on the 45-storey tower, which is due for completion late in 2008.
The glass-clad building is wrapped in a metal brise-soleil based on a traditional Islamic pattern.
For more design developments in the Middle East, check out our blog for the IDF.
>> more Jean Nouvel on dezeen:
La Philharmonie de Paris by Jean Nouvel (first of three consecutive posts)
- Zoomlion Headquarters Exhibition Center …by amphibianArc
- Liverpool Department Store by Rojkind Ar…quitectos
- Antonín Dvořák Concert and Congress C…entre by Future Systems
- Funeral Home and Garden in Pinoso by Cor
- Nursery school in Tuscany illuminates "l…ike a lighthouse"
- House S by Keiji Ashizawa Design
- Yachiyo by Atelier Tekuto
- Spiral House by Powerhouse Company
- A pile of sand marks the entrance to Des…ign Miami
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories