The light is made of painted aluminium that has been cut using three-dimensional laser cutting.
Below is some info from the manufacturer:
Camouflage is a light fitting with outreach. Both light and shadow from the lampshade form patterns in the room. The enormous globe has been pressure turned and then perforated by three-dimensional laser cutting – a technique which is frequently used in the motor industry. The result is an imposingly large globe that influences its surroundings thanks to its compass.
FRONT is a design group of four: Sofia Lagerkvist, Charlotte von der Lancken, Anna Lindgren and Katja Sävström. They work as a group where all members are involved in the design process from initial discussions and ideas to final product.
Their works are based on common discussions, exploring and investigations about different topics. And the final products often communicates a story to the observer about the design process, about conventions within the product field or about the material it is made of.
Since the start in 2003 they have made for example a collection of furniture in collaboration with different animals, a collection of products where a part of the design were determined by external factors, a constantly changing interior, products that only exist in a computer game and an investigation of the other functions of products.
- DIY Series by Andre Pereira
- CEO desk by Staffan Holm & Johannes Tj…ernberg
- Special feature: designed in Israel
- Heart for Japan by Delphine Perrot
- MINI's augmented-reality glasses allow… drivers to see through the body of their car
- "East London has a good vibe for any c…reative industry" - Magnus Pettersen
- Fifti-fifti's Spring simplifies the wa…rdrobe into a wall-mounted clothes rail
- Enzo Mari knife inspires twisting scul…pture at Goodwood 2015
- “Milan is a breeding ground for peop…le who copy our products”
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories