The light is made of painted aluminium that has been cut using three-dimensional laser cutting.
Below is some info from the manufacturer:
Camouflage is a light fitting with outreach. Both light and shadow from the lampshade form patterns in the room. The enormous globe has been pressure turned and then perforated by three-dimensional laser cutting – a technique which is frequently used in the motor industry. The result is an imposingly large globe that influences its surroundings thanks to its compass.
FRONT is a design group of four: Sofia Lagerkvist, Charlotte von der Lancken, Anna Lindgren and Katja Sävström. They work as a group where all members are involved in the design process from initial discussions and ideas to final product.
Their works are based on common discussions, exploring and investigations about different topics. And the final products often communicates a story to the observer about the design process, about conventions within the product field or about the material it is made of.
Since the start in 2003 they have made for example a collection of furniture in collaboration with different animals, a collection of products where a part of the design were determined by external factors, a constantly changing interior, products that only exist in a computer game and an investigation of the other functions of products.
- Ploum by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for Li…gne Roset
- Menu begins production of cloche-shaped …lamps by Grethe Meyer
- Olivier van Herpt 3D-prints functional c…eramic objects
- Tram Chair by Thomas Feichtner for TON
- Identity Parade by Adam Nathaniel Furman
- Upside Down 2 by Floris Wubben
- Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick - more …images
- Dezeen Screen: The Solar Sinter by Marku…s Kayser
- La Cura by Studio Toogood at MOST
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories