SANAA Houses is a new book about the cult Japanese architectural practice headed by Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa.
The images shown are taken from the book while below is some info from the publisher:
Kazuyo Sejima, Ryue Nishizawa
From conceptual drawings to photos of completed projects, [this is] SANAA’s latest and most up-to-date publication. This book is the first collection of housing projects by SANAA, one of today’s most innovative architectural offices. Presenting SANAA’s housing projects, both finished (including House A, S House, House in a Plum Grove, Small House and Moriyama House) and projects in progress (including Flower House, Garden & House, Seijo Apartments, Ichikawa Apartments, House in China).
SANAA's architecture embraces complexities within deceptively simple appearances. It has many elements that are impossible to understand unless actually “experienced". In contrast with modern architecture, SANAA has many aspects that cannot be revealed in “representative" media such as plans, models, and photographs. The “representations" of their architectural works incorporate ambiguity and chronological elements. This characteristic makes Sanaa one of the most innovative offices in the current architectural panorama.
Available in English and Spanish
Contributors: Agustín Pérez Rubio, Kristine Gúzman, Luis Fernandez Galiano, Yuko Hasegawa
- 486 Mina El Hosn by LAN Architecture
- Modulorbeat creates One Man Sauna inside… a stacked concrete tower
- Black-painted S House by Hammerschmid Pa…chl Seebacher raised up on stilts
- "A lot of what we do is about testing pu…blic space"– Suzanne O'Connell of The Decorators
- Zaha Hadid blog update
- Besiktas Fish Market by GAD
- Science-fiction author proposes 20-kilom…etre rocket-launching skyscraper
- Nordwesthaus by Baumschlager Eberle
- Tori Tori Restaurant by Rojkind Arquitec…tos and Hector Esrawe
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories