SANAA Houses is a new book about the cult Japanese architectural practice headed by Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa.
The images shown are taken from the book while below is some info from the publisher:
Kazuyo Sejima, Ryue Nishizawa
From conceptual drawings to photos of completed projects, [this is] SANAA’s latest and most up-to-date publication. This book is the first collection of housing projects by SANAA, one of today’s most innovative architectural offices. Presenting SANAA’s housing projects, both finished (including House A, S House, House in a Plum Grove, Small House and Moriyama House) and projects in progress (including Flower House, Garden & House, Seijo Apartments, Ichikawa Apartments, House in China).
SANAA's architecture embraces complexities within deceptively simple appearances. It has many elements that are impossible to understand unless actually “experienced". In contrast with modern architecture, SANAA has many aspects that cannot be revealed in “representative" media such as plans, models, and photographs. The “representations" of their architectural works incorporate ambiguity and chronological elements. This characteristic makes Sanaa one of the most innovative offices in the current architectural panorama.
Available in English and Spanish
Contributors: Agustín Pérez Rubio, Kristine Gúzman, Luis Fernandez Galiano, Yuko Hasegawa
- Neri&Hu's architecture "challenges the a…ccepted values of society"
- Camp Nou by Foster + Partners 2
- Pixy Hall by Moriyuki Ochiai Architects
- Lolita by Langarita-Navarro Arquitectos
- AIR+PORT by BIG and Tegnestuen Nuuk at t…he Danish Pavilion
- BIG IDEAS by BIG
- Shirasu house with volcanic soil brickwo…rk by Aray Architecture
- Dezeen’s top ten: memorials
- La Maison-vague by Patrick Nadeau
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories