The collection is based on the patterns used in the Rorschach inkblot test - a psychological evaluation that uses symmetrical "inkblot" patterns printed on white cards.
The cards are shown to patients and their verbal responses recorded to build up a picture of their personality.
The jury at the Festival International de Mode et de Photographie à Hyères, chaired by Christian Lacroix, gave Backlund's collection the Grand Prix du Jury.
Backlund won the Future Design Days Award for young designers at the Future Design Days conference in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005.
Photos are by Peter Farago.
- Carafe and glass by Mathieu Lehanneur fo…r Ricard
- Dezeen Platform: Feats per Minute
- Ineke Hans' Drawer Table offers storage …for slender items
- Pressedleathershoe by Marloes ten Bhöme…r
- London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games… posters
- Nike Free Trainer 5.0 by Nike
- Yves Behar designs DNA testing machine
- Antenna by Neil Poulton for Vertigo Bird
- Dezeen Watch Store winter sale: 20% off …best-selling watches
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories