The collection is based on the patterns used in the Rorschach inkblot test - a psychological evaluation that uses symmetrical "inkblot" patterns printed on white cards.
The cards are shown to patients and their verbal responses recorded to build up a picture of their personality.
The jury at the Festival International de Mode et de Photographie à Hyères, chaired by Christian Lacroix, gave Backlund's collection the Grand Prix du Jury.
Backlund won the Future Design Days Award for young designers at the Future Design Days conference in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005.
Photos are by Peter Farago.
- Urban Adapter by Rocker-Lange Architects
- Swell sofa by Jonas Wagell for Normann C…openhagen
- G Pod by Victor Vetterlein
- Cryptographer & Encoded Textiles by Raw …Color
- Design Museum Collection App: electrical… products
- Le Soleil by Vicente García Jiménez
- A Bit of Rough by Tom Dixon
- Prism by Keiichi Matsuda
- Maison Martin Margiela launches first wa…llpaper collections for Omexco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories