The collection is based on the patterns used in the Rorschach inkblot test - a psychological evaluation that uses symmetrical "inkblot" patterns printed on white cards.
The cards are shown to patients and their verbal responses recorded to build up a picture of their personality.
The jury at the Festival International de Mode et de Photographie à Hyères, chaired by Christian Lacroix, gave Backlund's collection the Grand Prix du Jury.
Backlund won the Future Design Days Award for young designers at the Future Design Days conference in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005.
Photos are by Peter Farago.
- Interview: a Flip Flop Story by Diederik… Schneemann
- Rock Series by Arik Levy at Design Miami…/Basel
- Chris Kabel casts found objects in bronz…e for Fogo Island hotel key fobs
- Net tables by Benjamin Hubert for Moroso
- Vases by Simon Hasan
- Loop by Oscar Diaz for Field
- SWAS tent by Tie Fan
- Eemeli and Betty by Lincoln Kayiwa
- Dezeen podcast: Stefan Sagmeister at Vie…nna Design Week
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories