The collection is based on the patterns used in the Rorschach inkblot test - a psychological evaluation that uses symmetrical "inkblot" patterns printed on white cards.
The cards are shown to patients and their verbal responses recorded to build up a picture of their personality.
The jury at the Festival International de Mode et de Photographie à Hyères, chaired by Christian Lacroix, gave Backlund's collection the Grand Prix du Jury.
Backlund won the Future Design Days Award for young designers at the Future Design Days conference in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005.
Photos are by Peter Farago.
- dezeen loves... Peter Callesen's papercu…ts
- Slow Sofa by Frederik Roijé
- James Lee designs Paperclip Armrest to e…nd elbow grapples on the plane
- Shade by Front
- Bioluminescent Forest glimmers with proj…ection-mapped light
- °XXXLamp by Bart Lens
- Power Plant by Guus Van Leeuwen
- Tenda by Benjamin Hubert at designjuncti…on
- Radiant Lines by Asif Khan creates rings… of light in Melbourne's Federation Square
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories