The collection is based on the patterns used in the Rorschach inkblot test - a psychological evaluation that uses symmetrical "inkblot" patterns printed on white cards.
The cards are shown to patients and their verbal responses recorded to build up a picture of their personality.
The jury at the Festival International de Mode et de Photographie à Hyères, chaired by Christian Lacroix, gave Backlund's collection the Grand Prix du Jury.
Backlund won the Future Design Days Award for young designers at the Future Design Days conference in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005.
Photos are by Peter Farago.
- Jar RGB by Arik Levy for Lasvit
- Colors News Machine by Fabrica
- Haas Brothers and Monkeybiz dress Afre…aks monsters in colourful beads
- Arne Jacobsen's Drop chair reintroduce…d by Republic of Fritz Hansen
- Ground by Michael Antrobus
- Nendo works with Japanese artisans to …create bent-wire baskets
- Dezeen Platform: Stewy
- Slim Chips by Hafsteinn Juliusson
- Clothes by Lamija Suljevic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories