Building Design magazine has published the shortlist for this year's Stirling Prize. The six shortlisted buildings are:
America's Cup Building in Valencia, Spain (top image) and The Museum of Modern Literature in Marbach am Neckar, Germany (above), both by David Chipperfield Architects
Casa da Musica in Porto, Portugal, by Office for Metropolitan Architecture (above)
Saville Building in Windsor, England by Glenn Howells Architects (above)
Young Vic, London, by Haworth Tomkins (above)
Dresden Station Redevelopment, Dresden, Germany by Foster + Partners (above)
The Stirling Prize is awarded annually by the Royal Institute of British Architects for "the building which has been the most significant for the evolution of architecture in the past year".
The winner, to be announced in the autumn, gets £20,000. The prize is named after British architect Sir James Stirling (1926-1992).
- Courtyard House Plugin by People's Archi…tecture Office repurposes ancient Beijing residences
- Shore Vista Boat Dock by Bercy Chen Stud…io
- New Pinterest board: red buildings
- Maxime Delvaux's realistic photos of stu…dent models offer an alternative to 3D renders
- 4am by dePaor Architects
- Seeds of Change by Gitta Gschwendtner an…d Maria Thereza Alves
- Haus Bergé by KHBT
- Alpine Capsule by Lovegrove Studio 2
- Wilkinson Eyre's cooled conservatories a…t Gardens by the Bay are "about having fun"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories