More Corian, but unrelated: designer Arik Levy has created a kitchen in a small Parisian loft using the surfacing material.
The kitchen features huge photographs of flowers and flames subliminated onto Corian walls.
Here is a statement from Levy:
In a Parisian loft, a challenging kitchen was developed to meet both high space efficient design and great visual impact. A rather narrow, small, unconventional space with no squares or rounds. The idea I had was to fit an unfit-able volume into a corner. Connecting the inner space and the terrace, the kitchen becomes a hub. As a consequence of virtual force, the box fits into place and ends up with a “rounded" shape.
Inside, two major spaces: one where food is prepared = love, love, care, generosity and seduction represented by a giant Orchid. Opposite, is a wall of fire from floor to ceiling, representing the space where food is cooked. Both photographic works are the result of specific, personal situations charged with emotional values for me.
What was important to me was to have these images live, raw and present, not like wallpaper or stickers. The solution I chose was a sublimation onto Corian® by Dupont de Nemours. When I presented this project to Corian®, they showed immediate interest since it had never been done. Combining a large number of panels (14 in the case of the fire) and a single demands great passion and rigor in the manufacturing.
The exciting result of research, precision, feeling and passion joined together gives this kitchen a great ambiance to cook in.
- Pinterest's San Francisco headquarters b…y All of the Above and First Office
- Reykjavík Lights Hotel by TARK and HAF …for Keahotels
- Jaffa Flat by Pitsou Kedem
- Plató restaurant by FFWD
- Visa section of Swiss Embassy by EXH Des…ign
- Bisazza showroom in Los Angeles by Carlo… dal Bianco
- AOO shop in Barcelona by Arquitectura-G …has a stepped sisal display platform
- Museum of Croydon by FAT
- Japanese acupuncture clinic by id inc is… lined with mint-green cabinets
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories