More Corian, but unrelated: designer Arik Levy has created a kitchen in a small Parisian loft using the surfacing material.
The kitchen features huge photographs of flowers and flames subliminated onto Corian walls.
Here is a statement from Levy:
In a Parisian loft, a challenging kitchen was developed to meet both high space efficient design and great visual impact. A rather narrow, small, unconventional space with no squares or rounds. The idea I had was to fit an unfit-able volume into a corner. Connecting the inner space and the terrace, the kitchen becomes a hub. As a consequence of virtual force, the box fits into place and ends up with a “rounded" shape.
Inside, two major spaces: one where food is prepared = love, love, care, generosity and seduction represented by a giant Orchid. Opposite, is a wall of fire from floor to ceiling, representing the space where food is cooked. Both photographic works are the result of specific, personal situations charged with emotional values for me.
What was important to me was to have these images live, raw and present, not like wallpaper or stickers. The solution I chose was a sublimation onto Corian® by Dupont de Nemours. When I presented this project to Corian®, they showed immediate interest since it had never been done. Combining a large number of panels (14 in the case of the fire) and a single demands great passion and rigor in the manufacturing.
The exciting result of research, precision, feeling and passion joined together gives this kitchen a great ambiance to cook in.
- Box-like staircase forms a centrepiece i…nside Bazar Noir concept store
- Scandinavian Shades of White photo-reali…stic images by Milan Stevanović
- Archiproba transforms 1920s telecommunic…ations building into offices in Moscow
- Sou Fujimoto suspends trees above Cassin…a's Milan display space
- D&V Multibrand Store by Guise
- Nook Architects add patterned floor tile…s and window seat to Barcelona apartment renovation
- Bridal Magic by Process5 Design
- Performa Hub by nOffice
- Asemic Scapes by Sarah Schneider
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories