Very late Milan update: Peter Marigold was one of five designers showcased at the Great Brits - Ingenious Therapies show organised by the Design Museum and the British Council at fashion designer Paul Smith's Milan headquarters in April.
Here is some info about Marigold:
Peter Marigold was born in London in 1974 and studied sculpture at Central Saint Martins before enrolling in Design Products at the Royal College of Art in 2004.
His fine art training, combined with a series of jobs in scenographic design and production – props, models, costumes and sets for theatre and exhibitions – has led him to take a pluralistic and resourceful approach to furniture design.
His Prop and Makeshift storage units honour the lightness and improvisation which are the virtues of temporary living, while their fine hardware details express permanence and functional reliability.
- EOps Noisezero i+ Eco by Michael Young
- Erik Spiekermann's first fashion acces…sories are printed like wearable graph paper
- Note Design Studio creates Plateau sto…rage unit to keep the hallway tidy
- THINKK Studio's Lanna Factory machine …produces customisable lampshades
- Sofa Collection by Edward Barber & Jay… Osgerby for Knoll
- Cabinet by Dimitri Vangrunderbeek
- Radioactive Control by Luzinterruptus
- Studio Swine uses aluminium foam to cr…eate Metallic Geology cabinets
- Sessantuna by Gaetano Pesce for Cassin…a
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories