Very late Milan update: Peter Marigold was one of five designers showcased at the Great Brits - Ingenious Therapies show organised by the Design Museum and the British Council at fashion designer Paul Smith's Milan headquarters in April.
Here is some info about Marigold:
Peter Marigold was born in London in 1974 and studied sculpture at Central Saint Martins before enrolling in Design Products at the Royal College of Art in 2004.
His fine art training, combined with a series of jobs in scenographic design and production – props, models, costumes and sets for theatre and exhibitions – has led him to take a pluralistic and resourceful approach to furniture design.
His Prop and Makeshift storage units honour the lightness and improvisation which are the virtues of temporary living, while their fine hardware details express permanence and functional reliability.
- Stephen Johnson at Mint
- New City by Galit Barak
- Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty opens a…t London's V&A
- Selfridges' Fragrance Lab attempts to di…still your character into a scent
- Bettina by Jan Kaplicky for Alessi
- O3 by Designaffairs Studio
- New London design show announced
- RSA House chandeliers by Troika
- KitRadio by Samuel Rhoads-Clarke
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories