Very late Milan update: Peter Marigold was one of five designers showcased at the Great Brits - Ingenious Therapies show organised by the Design Museum and the British Council at fashion designer Paul Smith's Milan headquarters in April.
Here is some info about Marigold:
Peter Marigold was born in London in 1974 and studied sculpture at Central Saint Martins before enrolling in Design Products at the Royal College of Art in 2004.
His fine art training, combined with a series of jobs in scenographic design and production – props, models, costumes and sets for theatre and exhibitions – has led him to take a pluralistic and resourceful approach to furniture design.
His Prop and Makeshift storage units honour the lightness and improvisation which are the virtues of temporary living, while their fine hardware details express permanence and functional reliability.
- Galerie Kreo at Design Miami/Basel
- L’Artisan Électronique by Unfold and …Tim Knapen
- L’Hélicoptère par Hermès
- Mini Jambox by Jawbone
- World Cup footballers wear Battlepack bo…ots by Adidas
- Afteroom presents three-legged chair and… stackable table for Menu
- Olafur Eliasson's tears used to make hum…an cheese
- Library bus by Muungano
- Kit Yamoyo by ColaLife and PI Global
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories