Sweet and Heady is a pendant light made of wine glasses by Ray Power.
Here's a bit of text from Power:
sweet and heady / pendant light by Ray Power
Originally the light was commissioned for a private house as a hanging light above the dining table. There is an obvious connection to the ritual of eating but with a not so obvious composition.
The title of the light comes from the song Lilac Wine… so sweet and heady, like my love… Each glass is fixed to the next by a number of wire links but one glass can be removed to change the light bulb at ease.
- Workstead bolts together metal rods to f…orm lighting for Another Country
- 251 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen Wa…tch Store
- Story lamp by Skar+Vidal
- Under My Roof by Christian Vivanco
- Blow lamps by Theo Möller inflate like …balloons
- Podcast talk: Alan Aldridge at the Desig…n Museum
- Funnel Friends by Roger Arquer
- Marginal Notes by Note Design Studio
- Atelier Book Chair by Kana Nakanishi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories