Sweet and Heady is a pendant light made of wine glasses by Ray Power.
Here's a bit of text from Power:
sweet and heady / pendant light by Ray Power
Originally the light was commissioned for a private house as a hanging light above the dining table. There is an obvious connection to the ritual of eating but with a not so obvious composition.
The title of the light comes from the song Lilac Wine… so sweet and heady, like my love… Each glass is fixed to the next by a number of wire links but one glass can be removed to change the light bulb at ease.
- "Hackney is changing" - Philippe Malouin… at Dezeen Live
- Essentials II by Patrik Muff for Nymphen…burg
- David Adjaye pavilion unveiled
- Interview with Jens Martin Skibsted
- Hanging by Rita Botelho
- Between Lines by WokMedia
- Ruhrsteine by Formfjord
- Graffiti fantasy creatures by Phlegm exh…ibited in east London
- Bulb by Minimalux
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories