Sweet and Heady is a pendant light made of wine glasses by Ray Power.
Here's a bit of text from Power:
sweet and heady / pendant light by Ray Power
Originally the light was commissioned for a private house as a hanging light above the dining table. There is an obvious connection to the ritual of eating but with a not so obvious composition.
The title of the light comes from the song Lilac Wine… so sweet and heady, like my love… Each glass is fixed to the next by a number of wire links but one glass can be removed to change the light bulb at ease.
- Dezeen Platform: Clinton Sheldon
- For Rest Table by SPEAC
- Picnic Table by Michael Beitz
- Ron Arad is one of few contemporary desi…gners with art collector appeal, says French auctioneer
- Work in Progress at the Royal College of… Art
- Philco PC by SchultzeWORKS
- Seaweed and paper combine to create furn…iture
- Natural Indigo by Osko+Deichmann
- Growduce "micro-factory" concept would a…llow users to grow their own products
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories