Sweet and Heady is a pendant light made of wine glasses by Ray Power.
Here's a bit of text from Power:
sweet and heady / pendant light by Ray Power
Originally the light was commissioned for a private house as a hanging light above the dining table. There is an obvious connection to the ritual of eating but with a not so obvious composition.
The title of the light comes from the song Lilac Wine… so sweet and heady, like my love… Each glass is fixed to the next by a number of wire links but one glass can be removed to change the light bulb at ease.
- SCP in Milan
- Ex Libris by Chanan de Lange
- Christian Boer designs typeface for re…aders with dyslexia
- Flow2 kitchen by Studio Gorm
- Boiler Suit by Thomas Heatherwick
- Highlife by Claesson Koivisto Rune for… Tacchini
- Chit.Chat and Positive.Negative by J M…ayer H
- Axor Bouroullec + ECAL
- Rectangle shoes by Maria Nina Vaclavek… reveal outlines of the wearer's feet
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories