Sweet and Heady is a pendant light made of wine glasses by Ray Power.
Here's a bit of text from Power:
sweet and heady / pendant light by Ray Power
Originally the light was commissioned for a private house as a hanging light above the dining table. There is an obvious connection to the ritual of eating but with a not so obvious composition.
The title of the light comes from the song Lilac Wine… so sweet and heady, like my love… Each glass is fixed to the next by a number of wire links but one glass can be removed to change the light bulb at ease.
- Wonderwater Cafe at Tian Hai by Jane Wit…hers, Kari Korkman and Aalto University
- Craig Robins: "Furniture companies key t…o regenerating Miami Design District"
- A' Design Awards and Competition 2015 wi…nners announced
- Lights by Nathalie Dewez
- BN0021 by Braun now available at Dezeen …Watch Store
- Smoke by Maarten Baas
- Origami dresses by Jule Waibel designed …for Bershka stores in 25 cities
- dezeen loves... Peter Callesen's papercu…ts
- İzz cafe and restaurant by Uğur Köse …and Batu Palmer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories