Dutch designers Tjep have completed a new reception area for the economics department at the ROC professional training school in Apeldoorn in the Netherlands.
Tjep is run by Frank Tjepkema and Janneke Hooymans. Details of the project follow:
Title: ROC Economy
Description: We were asked by the ROC Apeldoorn to design the reception area of their economics department.
The starting point of our design was the floor, which represents the complexity and diversity of economical processes in modern society. From the floor we elevated the necessary functional objects:
- A conference room in the shape of a factory, the origin of industrial goods.
- The reception desk formed by abstracted crate shapes, representing transportation.
- A meeting table in the shape of a five meter long key, representing real-estate but also a world of oportunities for graduated students.
- Stools as calculator buttons, numbers being the language of economics.
- A table foot ball game with it's scaled down stadium, representing the economics of leisure. At the center of the floor design we find a student with a huge heart, this should be the startingpoint of all his personal choices (not the wallet!).
Interior and identity design by Tjep.
Creative consultancy: Kunst en Bedrijf worked as creative consultancy in the selection of designers for the different departments.
Other artits/designers were: Jurgen Bey, Krijn de Kooning, Tejo Remy and Renée Veenhuizen.
- Species of Illumination interactive li…ghts go in search of humans and dark spots
- Little Sun by Olafur Eliasson
- Memory Stücks by Beta Tank
- Muller Van Severen to present new furn…iture at Viaduct exhibition
- Ostrich Pillow by Kawamura-Ganjavian
- My London by Nendo for Established & S…ons
- Gradation and Cube Air Vases by Torafu… Architects for Ligne Roset
- The Natural Blonde by Sister by Siblin…g
- Bao House by dot Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories