We wrote about the bowls when they were launched in Milan back in April but, as dezeen reader Andrew points out, the original bowls look as if they're made of brand-new scooter tyres rather than recycled ones as we reported.
Artecnica have now clarified this point, saying: "The images on your website [back in April] were taken from the prototype, therefore the tires looks new. They were made by the designers and since it was difficult to obtain used tires in Brazil, the Campana Brothers had no choice but to make the prototype out of new tires."
The Design With Conscience project initiates collaborations between designers and artisans around the world. The TransNeomatic bowls will be made by traditional wickers weavers in Vietnam and will recycle used scooter tyres from the country's dumps.
- Mut Design launches "male" and "female" …outdoor chairs for Expormim
- Trush In by Arihiro Miyake
- dezeen loves... Deitch PAPER Art Store
- Anna Czaniecka shapes kettle like mugs t…o save water when making tea
- The Espresso Lamp by Fly-Pitcher
- designjunction "breaks the mould of the …traditional trade show"
- KK Outlet by Fashion Architecture Taste
- Crown Vase by Lambert Rainville creates …freestanding flower arrangements
- Dezeen archive: masks and disguises
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories