We wrote about the bowls when they were launched in Milan back in April but, as dezeen reader Andrew points out, the original bowls look as if they're made of brand-new scooter tyres rather than recycled ones as we reported.
Artecnica have now clarified this point, saying: "The images on your website [back in April] were taken from the prototype, therefore the tires looks new. They were made by the designers and since it was difficult to obtain used tires in Brazil, the Campana Brothers had no choice but to make the prototype out of new tires."
The Design With Conscience project initiates collaborations between designers and artisans around the world. The TransNeomatic bowls will be made by traditional wickers weavers in Vietnam and will recycle used scooter tyres from the country's dumps.
- Barbarians by the Campana Brothers for E…dra
- Side table extends from base of Rise sof…a by Note Design Studio
- Nigel Stanford makes sound visible for C…ymatics music video
- Nendo creates pastel optical illusions f…or Japanese design exhibition display
- Dunes by Philippe Malouin for 1882 Ltd
- QR code island by C.A.N
- Vera Knoot makes leather from unwanted g…oose skin
- Water-catching device wins Arup competit…ion
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: up to 40…% off LunaTik watches
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories