We wrote about the bowls when they were launched in Milan back in April but, as dezeen reader Andrew points out, the original bowls look as if they're made of brand-new scooter tyres rather than recycled ones as we reported.
Artecnica have now clarified this point, saying: "The images on your website [back in April] were taken from the prototype, therefore the tires looks new. They were made by the designers and since it was difficult to obtain used tires in Brazil, the Campana Brothers had no choice but to make the prototype out of new tires."
The Design With Conscience project initiates collaborations between designers and artisans around the world. The TransNeomatic bowls will be made by traditional wickers weavers in Vietnam and will recycle used scooter tyres from the country's dumps.
- Bathroom collection by Marc Newson for… Caroma
- Circle or Dot by Giha Woo
- Adidas launches Springblade Razor trai…ners with soles made of curved pads
- Dezeen Platform: Manuel Netto
- Marlies Schets' reflective fabrics tur…n everyday accessories into cycling safety gear
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze
- Intimacy 2.0by Studio Roosegaarde
- Decanterlight by Lee Broom for the St…epney Green Design Collection
- Daniele Ragazzo's Liaison Table is sup…ported by giant pin-shaped legs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories