We wrote about the bowls when they were launched in Milan back in April but, as dezeen reader Andrew points out, the original bowls look as if they're made of brand-new scooter tyres rather than recycled ones as we reported.
Artecnica have now clarified this point, saying: "The images on your website [back in April] were taken from the prototype, therefore the tires looks new. They were made by the designers and since it was difficult to obtain used tires in Brazil, the Campana Brothers had no choice but to make the prototype out of new tires."
The Design With Conscience project initiates collaborations between designers and artisans around the world. The TransNeomatic bowls will be made by traditional wickers weavers in Vietnam and will recycle used scooter tyres from the country's dumps.
- BaObab by Philippe Starck for Vitra
- Stealth Wear by Adam Harvey
- The Oasis of Aboukir green wall by Patri…ck Blanc
- Dominic Wilcox: "I'm deadly serious abou…t being playful"
- Catcher by Joseph Joseph
- Dutch designers collaborate for Low Mot…ion exhibition
- Pointless Diagrams by Josh Lewandowski
- Natural History at Selfridges
- Teenyweenykins by Kaley Woods
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories