We wrote about the bowls when they were launched in Milan back in April but, as dezeen reader Andrew points out, the original bowls look as if they're made of brand-new scooter tyres rather than recycled ones as we reported.
Artecnica have now clarified this point, saying: "The images on your website [back in April] were taken from the prototype, therefore the tires looks new. They were made by the designers and since it was difficult to obtain used tires in Brazil, the Campana Brothers had no choice but to make the prototype out of new tires."
The Design With Conscience project initiates collaborations between designers and artisans around the world. The TransNeomatic bowls will be made by traditional wickers weavers in Vietnam and will recycle used scooter tyres from the country's dumps.
- Furniture by Axel Bjurström
- Bone chair by Soyoon Choi
- Armadillo-T foldable electric micro-car …by KAIST
- R18 Ultra Chair Public Beta by Clemens W…eisshaar and Reed Kram for Audi
- IDEO envisions a future where self-drivi…ng workplaces commute to you
- Tapehook by Torafu Architects
- Lapel by Stuart Mcfarlane
- Big Bloom by Charlie Guda for The Cottag…e Industry
- Comradettes by Eldina Begic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories