We wrote about the bowls when they were launched in Milan back in April but, as dezeen reader Andrew points out, the original bowls look as if they're made of brand-new scooter tyres rather than recycled ones as we reported.
Artecnica have now clarified this point, saying: "The images on your website [back in April] were taken from the prototype, therefore the tires looks new. They were made by the designers and since it was difficult to obtain used tires in Brazil, the Campana Brothers had no choice but to make the prototype out of new tires."
The Design With Conscience project initiates collaborations between designers and artisans around the world. The TransNeomatic bowls will be made by traditional wickers weavers in Vietnam and will recycle used scooter tyres from the country's dumps.
- Dezeen Watch Store: get £50 off VOID V0…1 LED watch
- Fundamentals of Makkum by Atelier NL for… Royal Tichelaar Makkum
- Clocks, timers and thermometers by plusm…inuszero
- History Chess by Boym Partners
- Stand table by Jakob Timpe slots togethe…r without glue or fixings
- Dezeen archive: outdoor furniture
- Debut collectionby Estudio Sputnik
- DIY Series by Andre Pereira
- Foster + Partners designs simple disc-sh…aped pendant lamp for Lumina
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories