The movie, commissioned by London Design Festival sponsor Swarovski Crystal Palace, shows designers setting up their work at the show and includes interviews with Fairs and Greetje van Helmond (below), whose sugar jewellery (above) is one of the highlights of the exhibition.
The exhibition opened last night and continues until 30 September. More information about Trash Luxe in our earlier story here. See also the Trash Luxe website.
Fairs is making a short documentary every day during the London Design Festival, which runs at venues across London until 25 September.
Films in the series:
Day 1: Moritz Waldemeyer and Nadja Swarovksi
Day 2: Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square
Day 3: Zaha Hadid's Urban Nebula installation
Day 4: Future Systems and Ross Lovegrove
Day 5: Trash Luxe at Liberty
Day 6: Hulger and SHOWstudio
Day 7: Maarten Baas, Design Museum, Lomography project
Day 8: 100% Design, Jamie Hayon, Matthew Hilton, Libby Sellers
Day 9: designersblock, Tent London
- Baked by Formafantasma
- Interview with Kwangho Lee
- Polígono by Losgogo
- Clothes that change colour according to …climate by Lauren Bowker
- Interview: Johanna Agerman-Ross at Dezee…n Studio
- Sakura Cafe by Klein Dytham Architecture
- Age of the World by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Dezeen Platform: Wrap magazine issue thr…ee
- The Radiation Collection by NOCC
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories