The movie, commissioned by London Design Festival sponsor Swarovski Crystal Palace, shows designers setting up their work at the show and includes interviews with Fairs and Greetje van Helmond (below), whose sugar jewellery (above) is one of the highlights of the exhibition.
The exhibition opened last night and continues until 30 September. More information about Trash Luxe in our earlier story here. See also the Trash Luxe website.
Fairs is making a short documentary every day during the London Design Festival, which runs at venues across London until 25 September.
Films in the series:
Day 1: Moritz Waldemeyer and Nadja Swarovksi
Day 2: Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square
Day 3: Zaha Hadid's Urban Nebula installation
Day 4: Future Systems and Ross Lovegrove
Day 5: Trash Luxe at Liberty
Day 6: Hulger and SHOWstudio
Day 7: Maarten Baas, Design Museum, Lomography project
Day 8: 100% Design, Jamie Hayon, Matthew Hilton, Libby Sellers
Day 9: designersblock, Tent London
- Mutagenesis by Arne Quinze at Abitare Il… Tempo
- Studio Job & the Groninger Museum
- Ariane lamps by Edouard Larmaraud
- Wreath Project by Agnieszka Lasota
- Espasso launches Oscar Niemeyer and Jorg…e Zalszupin furniture re-editions
- New work by Maarten Baas in Milan
- 9 X 10: Swarovski Elements at Work
- Leo, Houdini, Eugene and Dash by Stefan …Diez
- Sticks and Stones and Broken Bones by St…udio Toogood and Izé
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories