More from the Design Academy Eindhoven graduation show: Greetje van Tiem, a graduate from the academy's Man and Leisure department, presents a project that turns old newspapers into yarn that can be woven into carpets, curtains and upholstery.
Van Tiem says she can make twenty yards of yarn from each newspaper page. She calls the project Indruk.
See more from the Design Academy Eindhoven show in our Dutch Design Week category.
Here's some text from van Tiem:
Today's news, tomorrow's textile. The front page of a newspaper yields no less than twenty metres of yarn, making it possible to transpose yesterday's news into tangible memories which can be transformed into all kinds of upholstery.
When you look closely you can see letters, a part of the date and colour schemes appear from a photo. You are not able to read the newspaper anymore, but the memory will be kept alive.
- "We're not too far away from driverless …cars" - MINI head of design Anders Warming
- Simon Legald designs stackable melamine …trays for Normann Copenhagen
- Mimosa by Jason Bruges Studio
- Kiwa bench by Hyung Suk Cho
- Molteni&C Sofa Chats: Ilse Crawford
- Biennale Interieur 2014 award winners re…alise bar concepts at Kortrijk Xpo
- Escritoire Trestle by Ett la Benn
- Donky Bike by Ben Wilson
- Magnetic Bike Lights by Copenhagen Parts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories