Louise Campbell's website shows Instant Allotment, a portable fabric structure that allows you to set up an allotment wherever you are.
Campbell, who came up with the idea last year but has only recently published the pictures, claims the project eliminates the hassle and cost of maintaining a traditional allotment.
Here's a bit of text from Campbell:
We all deserve our very own allotment, but they no longer come cheap. Therefore, this is an optimistic alternative. It is lightweight, always in bloom, and can be carried under one arm and installed for the day wherever desired.
Comes complete with flag, garden gnome, vegetables, flowers and fence. Stack of firewood, parasol, beers and garden tools are optional.
Product name: Instant Allotment
Design: Louise Campbell
Materials: Mega printed textile. Hand sewn and quilted.
Measurements: In theory available in three sizes, depending on desired allotment size
Product category: Furniture/Environments
Product status: One off
- Design Museum Collection App: electrical… products
- Yen Chen Chang's knitted sensors control… everyday electronic products
- Vedas by Nicholas Alan Cope and Dustin E…dward Arnold
- Cyclops by Mr Jones Watches
- Tonic by Reinhard Dienes
- Movie: Stuart Haygarth at Design Miami
- Capsule Collection by Ziglam and Brook f…or Deadgood
- Water-catching device wins Arup competit…ion
- VOL by Victor Carrasco for Boffi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories