Tokyo Design Week: the Hono light by Japanese brand Metaphys is ignited by touching it with a magnetic match and extinguished by blowing on it. The LED light source even flickers like a real candle.
The cable-less lamp is powered by a rechargeable battery.
The product - which has been around for a while although we never saw it before - is on show at 100% Design Tokyo this week. More from Metaphys coming soon...
- 111 Navy Chair by Emeco
- Laputa by Outofstock
- Axor Bouroullec by Ronan & Erwan Bouroul…lec
- Chocolate pencils by Nendo
- Dezeen Super Store is now open!
- OMA's CCTV building reconstructed as a w…ooden cabinet
- "I am no longer a lighting designer, I a…m a fashion designer" - Tom Dixon
- OLA Table by AKKA
- In a Pinch shelving system by Arttu Kuis…ma
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories