Tokyo Design Week: the Hono light by Japanese brand Metaphys is ignited by touching it with a magnetic match and extinguished by blowing on it. The LED light source even flickers like a real candle.
The cable-less lamp is powered by a rechargeable battery.
The product - which has been around for a while although we never saw it before - is on show at 100% Design Tokyo this week. More from Metaphys coming soon...
- Chinese stools by Wieki Somers
- Work out at your desk with Darryl Agaw…in's Balance Stool
- Cantilevered bench by StokkeAustad
- "Bored" Chinese are turning from fashi…on to furniture
- Royal Actual by Sam Baron
- Coat Hanger by Naruse Inokuma Architec…ts
- Vigoo by Wilda Wongso
- Sebastian Bergne's Fiction bookstand c…reates the illusion of floating books
- Fuse by Note Design Studio for Ex.t
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories