Tokyo Design Week: the Hono light by Japanese brand Metaphys is ignited by touching it with a magnetic match and extinguished by blowing on it. The LED light source even flickers like a real candle.
The cable-less lamp is powered by a rechargeable battery.
The product - which has been around for a while although we never saw it before - is on show at 100% Design Tokyo this week. More from Metaphys coming soon...
- Magno Tube Lamp by Doreen Westphal
- Esource by Hal Watts at Show RCA 2012
- Paper Pulp Helmet by Tom Gottelier, Bobb…y Petersen and Ed Thomas
- Latis collection by Omvivo
- More images of Zaha Hadid's Jazz superya…cht
- Drapery vases by Kruskopf and Kuisma
- Dezeen Platform: Wrap magazine issue thr…ee
- New 203 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Askur Picnic Basket by FærID
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories