Tokyo Design Week: the Hono light by Japanese brand Metaphys is ignited by touching it with a magnetic match and extinguished by blowing on it. The LED light source even flickers like a real candle.
The cable-less lamp is powered by a rechargeable battery.
The product - which has been around for a while although we never saw it before - is on show at 100% Design Tokyo this week. More from Metaphys coming soon...
- Maarten Baas's surreal solo show created… to "emphasise the circus that Milan is"
- 111 Navy Chair by Emeco
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Pia Wüstenber…g
- Ghost Stories by Nendo at Friedman Benda… Gallery
- Carousel by Adam Goodrum
- The Lacemaker by Tord Boontje
- Prima installation by Zaha Hadid for Swa…rovski at Vitra Campus
- Move Your Energy by Novague
- The Yachiyo metal rug by Philippe Maloui…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories