Tokyo Design Week: the Hono light by Japanese brand Metaphys is ignited by touching it with a magnetic match and extinguished by blowing on it. The LED light source even flickers like a real candle.
The cable-less lamp is powered by a rechargeable battery.
The product - which has been around for a while although we never saw it before - is on show at 100% Design Tokyo this week. More from Metaphys coming soon...
- Overlapping "petals" surround Mario Ales…siani's Bloemi lamp
- Movie: golden spider-silk cape by Simon …Peers and Nicholas Godley
- Water Calligraphy Device by Nicholas Ha…nna
- Home Away Dual Time Alarm Clock by Kit M…en
- RIBA Regent Street Windows Project 2014 …returns with 15 new installations
- In Situ by Julien Carretero
- Melvin the Mini Machine by HEYHEYHEY
- Jasper Morrison designs Kali chair to fu…nd African orphanage
- Today at Dezeen Platform: C.A.N
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories