Tokyo Design Week: the Hono light by Japanese brand Metaphys is ignited by touching it with a magnetic match and extinguished by blowing on it. The LED light source even flickers like a real candle.
The cable-less lamp is powered by a rechargeable battery.
The product - which has been around for a while although we never saw it before - is on show at 100% Design Tokyo this week. More from Metaphys coming soon...
- Post Fossil at 21_21 Design Sight
- Cuma and Cross by Takehiro Ando
- Debut collectionby Estudio Sputnik
- First collection from new Dublin design …brand includes a table with a hammock underneath
- Mimosa by Jason Bruges Studio
- The Battle of Trafalgar by Jaime Hayón
- Dezeen Watch Store iPhone clock app
- "Everybody could have their body scanned… and order clothes that fit perfectly"
- New Pinterest board: bathrooms
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories