Australian graphic designers Buro North claim their plywood Christmas tree is "80% more environmentally friendly" than a traditional fir or spruce.
Available in three sizes, the flat-packed tree can be used year after year.
Here's some info from Buro North:
Our ‘Green’ X-Mas tree is 80% more environmentally friendly than a traditional pine X-Mas tree. Firstly, it is made with environmentally aware ingredients, they are CNC routered (a low-energy production technique) with waste material minimised by design, the flat-packed tree is emissions-efficient to transport and the most sustainable feature of the ‘Green’ tree is that you can use it for many Christmases to come…
A copy of the life cycle assessment report can be downloaded from the website.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Postable by Studio Toer
- The Solar Sinter by Markus Kayser
- Masked - In Flight by Sruli Recht
- Interactive slideshow: Normann Copenhage…n's latest furniture collection
- "Super technology is going to ask for su…per tactility" - Li Edelkoort at Dezeen Live
- Ion by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Rewrite by GamFratesi
- Diffusion Vessels by David Sutton
- Floatastic by Qastic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories