Australian graphic designers Buro North claim their plywood Christmas tree is "80% more environmentally friendly" than a traditional fir or spruce.
Available in three sizes, the flat-packed tree can be used year after year.
Here's some info from Buro North:
Our ‘Green’ X-Mas tree is 80% more environmentally friendly than a traditional pine X-Mas tree. Firstly, it is made with environmentally aware ingredients, they are CNC routered (a low-energy production technique) with waste material minimised by design, the flat-packed tree is emissions-efficient to transport and the most sustainable feature of the ‘Green’ tree is that you can use it for many Christmases to come…
A copy of the life cycle assessment report can be downloaded from the website.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- The Other Way by Carl Clerkin
- aTable by Beatus Kopp
- Companion Parrot by Tithi Kutchamuch
- The office cubicle: from commercial flop… to best-selling design classic
- Mutagenesis by Arne Quinze at Abitare Il… Tempo
- Färg & Blanche stitch wood together to …form furniture
- UM Project designs multi-material malle…ts for Cooper Hewitt's museum shop
- Billboard bags by Artecnica
- Bulb Fiction pendant lamp by KiBiSi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories