Australian graphic designers Buro North claim their plywood Christmas tree is "80% more environmentally friendly" than a traditional fir or spruce.
Available in three sizes, the flat-packed tree can be used year after year.
Here's some info from Buro North:
Our ‘Green’ X-Mas tree is 80% more environmentally friendly than a traditional pine X-Mas tree. Firstly, it is made with environmentally aware ingredients, they are CNC routered (a low-energy production technique) with waste material minimised by design, the flat-packed tree is emissions-efficient to transport and the most sustainable feature of the ‘Green’ tree is that you can use it for many Christmases to come…
A copy of the life cycle assessment report can be downloaded from the website.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Vika's modular bathroom range is designe…d to create comfortable wash areas
- Simple by Philippe Malouin
- Russ + Henshaw's Tile Mile brightens up …Clerkenwell's historic arches
- Phurniture shows Morel’s Computational… Chair
- Rebirth by Arne Quinze
- Christmas Tree Furniture by Fabien Cappe…llo
- Studio Mini by Anna Hadwick
- CRANE-IT by Micaela Nardella
- The never-ending web page by Poke
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories