Australian graphic designers Buro North claim their plywood Christmas tree is "80% more environmentally friendly" than a traditional fir or spruce.
Available in three sizes, the flat-packed tree can be used year after year.
Here's some info from Buro North:
Our ‘Green’ X-Mas tree is 80% more environmentally friendly than a traditional pine X-Mas tree. Firstly, it is made with environmentally aware ingredients, they are CNC routered (a low-energy production technique) with waste material minimised by design, the flat-packed tree is emissions-efficient to transport and the most sustainable feature of the ‘Green’ tree is that you can use it for many Christmases to come…
A copy of the life cycle assessment report can be downloaded from the website.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Marcel Wanders for Villa Moda in Bahrain
- Mini Me lamps by Filip Gordon Frank
- Prop-er Benches by Oscar Medley-Whitfiel…d
- Lettera 9 by Demian Conrad
- M-Collection by Niels van Eijk and Miria…m van der Lubbe
- Weare fashion label by Moving Brands
- Any Kinda Tape measure by Sunghoon Jung
- Special Spoons by Ineke Hans come like a… model kit
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Mark… Braun
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories