Australian graphic designers Buro North claim their plywood Christmas tree is "80% more environmentally friendly" than a traditional fir or spruce.
Available in three sizes, the flat-packed tree can be used year after year.
Here's some info from Buro North:
Our ‘Green’ X-Mas tree is 80% more environmentally friendly than a traditional pine X-Mas tree. Firstly, it is made with environmentally aware ingredients, they are CNC routered (a low-energy production technique) with waste material minimised by design, the flat-packed tree is emissions-efficient to transport and the most sustainable feature of the ‘Green’ tree is that you can use it for many Christmases to come…
A copy of the life cycle assessment report can be downloaded from the website.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Postable by Studio Toer
- Driverless cars designed for use as mo…bile offices
- Summer in the City by Michael Robinson… at Dezeen Super Store
- Barnaby Barford mirrors and figurines
- PUMA Mopion Bike by KiBiSi and Biomega
- Commuter by Levi’s
- Nike combines parts from existing trai…ners to create "SneakerBoot" mash-up
- Pretty in Prison mirror by The Practic…e of Everyday Design
- Stack Buffet by Hector Esrawe
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories