Australian graphic designers Buro North claim their plywood Christmas tree is "80% more environmentally friendly" than a traditional fir or spruce.
Available in three sizes, the flat-packed tree can be used year after year.
Here's some info from Buro North:
Our ‘Green’ X-Mas tree is 80% more environmentally friendly than a traditional pine X-Mas tree. Firstly, it is made with environmentally aware ingredients, they are CNC routered (a low-energy production technique) with waste material minimised by design, the flat-packed tree is emissions-efficient to transport and the most sustainable feature of the ‘Green’ tree is that you can use it for many Christmases to come…
A copy of the life cycle assessment report can be downloaded from the website.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Ola Rune at Qubique 2011
- Dezeen Platform: Wrap magazine issue t…hree
- Pikaplant creates self-watering system…s for automatic plant maintenance
- Claesson Koivisto Rune arranges metal …sheets into Caramel side table
- Barbarians by the Campana Brothers for… Edra
- Axis by Ramei Keum
- Flower-shaped lamp that blooms at nigh…t by Constantin Bolimond
- Cozy Furniture by Hannes Grebin
- ÉCAL students design seasonal objects… for time-themed exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories