Australian graphic designers Buro North claim their plywood Christmas tree is "80% more environmentally friendly" than a traditional fir or spruce.
Available in three sizes, the flat-packed tree can be used year after year.
Here's some info from Buro North:
Our ‘Green’ X-Mas tree is 80% more environmentally friendly than a traditional pine X-Mas tree. Firstly, it is made with environmentally aware ingredients, they are CNC routered (a low-energy production technique) with waste material minimised by design, the flat-packed tree is emissions-efficient to transport and the most sustainable feature of the ‘Green’ tree is that you can use it for many Christmases to come…
A copy of the life cycle assessment report can be downloaded from the website.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Hall 11 at IMM Cologne by UNStudio
- Helix Staircase by Matter Design
- Wästberg lighting collection
- The Wind by Issey Miyake with James Dyso…n
- Mondaine Evo Quartz now in at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Karimoku New Standard by Isolation Unit …and others
- Dan Yeffet stacks brass, marble and glas…s into Element vase
- Energy-conscious design exhibition in Pa…ris 2
- Vue by fuseproject and Issey Miyake
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories