Australian graphic designers Buro North claim their plywood Christmas tree is "80% more environmentally friendly" than a traditional fir or spruce.
Available in three sizes, the flat-packed tree can be used year after year.
Here's some info from Buro North:
Our ‘Green’ X-Mas tree is 80% more environmentally friendly than a traditional pine X-Mas tree. Firstly, it is made with environmentally aware ingredients, they are CNC routered (a low-energy production technique) with waste material minimised by design, the flat-packed tree is emissions-efficient to transport and the most sustainable feature of the ‘Green’ tree is that you can use it for many Christmases to come…
A copy of the life cycle assessment report can be downloaded from the website.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Wonder Wall at Selfridges
- Patty Johnson for Mabeo Furniture
- Nike revamps the basketball shoe for LeB…ron James
- Nir Meiri stacks Babilus Vases from ring…s of bamboo, chipboard and Corian
- Nine-0 by Ettore Sottsass for Emeco
- Algorithmic publishing project FOMO expl…ores the "unexpected consequences of technology"
- Docks for Ophelis by Grosch + Meier
- Solids of Revolution by Max Lamb
- "America is not a style, America is an i…dea" says Marc Thorpe
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories