In the interview (don't worry, only the first bit is in Japanese) Yoshioka talks about his "Tornade" installation, which is made of two million plastic drinking straws, and also demonstrates how to assemble his paper Honey-Pop chairs.
Coming soon: Miami-flavoured interviews with designers including Tom Dixon, Stuart Haygarth, Tomáš Gabzdil Libertiny and more...
- Origami-influenced umbrella "bounces bac…k into shape" after blowing inside out
- Debora Dax turns body taboos into fashio…n statements
- Bottled Lamps by Kiki van Eijk
- Haas Brothers and Monkeybiz dress Afreak…s monsters in colourful beads
- Door handles from Lina Bo Bardi's 1951 h…ouse go into production
- Hospital door handle sanitises users' ha…nds and measures cleanliness of staff
- Tom Dixon in Trafalgar Square movie
- Sweeper and dustpan by Jan Kochański
- Glamour Factory by Studio Job and Viktor… & Rolf
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories