In the interview (don't worry, only the first bit is in Japanese) Yoshioka talks about his "Tornade" installation, which is made of two million plastic drinking straws, and also demonstrates how to assemble his paper Honey-Pop chairs.
Coming soon: Miami-flavoured interviews with designers including Tom Dixon, Stuart Haygarth, Tomáš Gabzdil Libertiny and more...
- Lathe by Sebastian Brajkovic
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at designjunct…ion
- Leimu lamps by Magnus Pettersen for Iitt…ala
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Denis Guidone
- Designjunction is a place where "people …can get really excited about design"
- Trash Me lamps by Victor Vetterlein
- Hyperion Spotlight by Paul Heijnen
- Cages by Jorge Diego Etienne
- Rainbow Church by Tokujin Yoshioka
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories