In the interview (don't worry, only the first bit is in Japanese) Yoshioka talks about his "Tornade" installation, which is made of two million plastic drinking straws, and also demonstrates how to assemble his paper Honey-Pop chairs.
Coming soon: Miami-flavoured interviews with designers including Tom Dixon, Stuart Haygarth, Tomáš Gabzdil Libertiny and more...
- Spotlight Volumes by Lukas Peet
- dezeen loves... COMPANY'S annual report
- Me mirrors by Mathias Hahn for Asplund
- The fashion industry is "saturated" says… Olivier Theyskens
- Dezeen's top 10 cycling designs of 2014
- De La Espada launches new Luca Nichetto …work at New York Design Week
- Nuisance Machines by Andrew Friend
- Mission One by Yves Béhar & fuseproject
- Gravity by Jólan van der Wiel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories