Design Miami 07: here is our second short movie from Design Miami last week, this time featuring Fernando and Humberto Campana working with glassmakers at the open-air GlassLab as part of the event's design performances. (movie length: 1 minute 38 seconds).
GlassLab, organised by Corning Museum of Glass and Vitra Design Museum, is a mobile hot glass studio that paired leading designers with skilled glass workers. Designers who took part included Matali Crasset, Constantin and Laurence Boym and Sigga Heimis. The GlassLab website has many photos of the project.
See our previous movie, featuring Tokujin Yoshioka, Design Miami's Designer of the Year 2007. Filmed and edited by Marcus Fairs.
- KRUZIFIX by Stefan Strumbel
- What Watt? by Tim Fishlock
- Interactive slideshow: furniture and hom…eware from Danish brand Hay
- Feathr launches wallpaper by tattooists,… graffiti artists and surfwear designers
- Dezeen's top 10 gadgets of 2014
- "I want to bring the surprise back to Ik…ea" says head of design
- Richard Hutten's X-Chair for Moroso is d…esigned to be seen from behind
- Clear Perfume Bottle by Nendo for 1%
- Made in Italy: the Influence of Italian …Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories