Design Miami 07: here is our second short movie from Design Miami last week, this time featuring Fernando and Humberto Campana working with glassmakers at the open-air GlassLab as part of the event's design performances. (movie length: 1 minute 38 seconds).
GlassLab, organised by Corning Museum of Glass and Vitra Design Museum, is a mobile hot glass studio that paired leading designers with skilled glass workers. Designers who took part included Matali Crasset, Constantin and Laurence Boym and Sigga Heimis. The GlassLab website has many photos of the project.
See our previous movie, featuring Tokujin Yoshioka, Design Miami's Designer of the Year 2007. Filmed and edited by Marcus Fairs.
- Somewhere In Between by Andrew Aloisio
- Jaime Hayón at Spazio Rossana Orlandi
- Cru by Sebastian Bergne
- Hans J. Wegner's CH88 chair put into pro…duction by Carl Hansen & Son
- And Nowhere a Shadow by Cohen Van Balen …at Future Perfect
- Dezeen Screen: LunaTik and TikTok by Sco…tt Wilson
- Cut Attachez by Shay Alkalay
- Antony Gormley occupies French gallery w…ith monumental metal sculptures
- Point and Dot by David Taylor at 20 Desi…gners at Biologiska
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories