Design Miami 07: here is our second short movie from Design Miami last week, this time featuring Fernando and Humberto Campana working with glassmakers at the open-air GlassLab as part of the event's design performances. (movie length: 1 minute 38 seconds).
GlassLab, organised by Corning Museum of Glass and Vitra Design Museum, is a mobile hot glass studio that paired leading designers with skilled glass workers. Designers who took part included Matali Crasset, Constantin and Laurence Boym and Sigga Heimis. The GlassLab website has many photos of the project.
See our previous movie, featuring Tokujin Yoshioka, Design Miami's Designer of the Year 2007. Filmed and edited by Marcus Fairs.
- "We wanted to bring the family portrai…t into the next century"
- Material Centric by Benjamin Hubert
- Little Satans by Muungano and Sandberg…&Timmonen
- Simin Qiu turns wood offcuts into patt…erned desk accessories for End Grain collection
- Pieke Bergmans' blown-plastic VAPOR li…ghting "grows like a plant or animal"
- Patricia Urquiola upholsters modular s…ofa for Moroso in jersey fabric
- Manipulated light projections become 3…D-printed jewellery with Tactum
- Droog to show everything at Design Pos…t
- Etre Touchy by Etre
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories