Design Miami 07: here is our second short movie from Design Miami last week, this time featuring Fernando and Humberto Campana working with glassmakers at the open-air GlassLab as part of the event's design performances. (movie length: 1 minute 38 seconds).
GlassLab, organised by Corning Museum of Glass and Vitra Design Museum, is a mobile hot glass studio that paired leading designers with skilled glass workers. Designers who took part included Matali Crasset, Constantin and Laurence Boym and Sigga Heimis. The GlassLab website has many photos of the project.
See our previous movie, featuring Tokujin Yoshioka, Design Miami's Designer of the Year 2007. Filmed and edited by Marcus Fairs.
- Flowers replace flames in paraffin lamp …vases by Giuseppe Bessero Belti
- Save 25% on Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch St…ore
- Biomass by Ahhaproject
- Jet Set by Jaime Hayón for Bisazza
- Marc Fornes creates pink "envelope of ex…periential tension" for Situation Room installation
- 3D-printed jewellery by Maria Jennifer C…arew clips onto garments
- Design Miami seeks nominations for 2008 …Designer of the Future
- Industry Series by Studio Job
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories