Design Miami 07: here is our second short movie from Design Miami last week, this time featuring Fernando and Humberto Campana working with glassmakers at the open-air GlassLab as part of the event's design performances. (movie length: 1 minute 38 seconds).
GlassLab, organised by Corning Museum of Glass and Vitra Design Museum, is a mobile hot glass studio that paired leading designers with skilled glass workers. Designers who took part included Matali Crasset, Constantin and Laurence Boym and Sigga Heimis. The GlassLab website has many photos of the project.
See our previous movie, featuring Tokujin Yoshioka, Design Miami's Designer of the Year 2007. Filmed and edited by Marcus Fairs.
- Work out at your desk with Darryl Agawin…'s Balance Stool
- The Dinner Party/True-to-life Design by …Scholten & Baijings
- Daan Roosegaarde's glowing Van Gogh cycl…e path to open in the Netherlands
- Marina Stanimirovic launches jewellery m…ade from Corian and gold
- Tim Defleur folds a single steel sheet t…o form PLI & CO lamp
- Dezeen archive: 3D printing
- Final debateat Me Craft/You Industry
- Training Dresser by Peter Bristol
- Revolving Chandelier by Bertjan Pot
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories