Design Miami 07: here is our second short movie from Design Miami last week, this time featuring Fernando and Humberto Campana working with glassmakers at the open-air GlassLab as part of the event's design performances. (movie length: 1 minute 38 seconds).
GlassLab, organised by Corning Museum of Glass and Vitra Design Museum, is a mobile hot glass studio that paired leading designers with skilled glass workers. Designers who took part included Matali Crasset, Constantin and Laurence Boym and Sigga Heimis. The GlassLab website has many photos of the project.
See our previous movie, featuring Tokujin Yoshioka, Design Miami's Designer of the Year 2007. Filmed and edited by Marcus Fairs.
- Movie: golden spider-silk cape by Simon …Peers and Nicholas Godley
- Toren van Uitwierde staircase by Onix
- Transformations by Tjep.
- "Sculpture's gift to architecture is the… staircase" - Alex de Rijke
- Colors News Machine by Fabrica
- GER Mood Sweater by Sensoree indicates e…motions with LEDs
- Entailles by Philippe Nigro for Ligne Ro…set
- Stamp Cutlery by Tomás Alonso for Itale…sse
- Tabbed Chair by Scott, Rich and Victoria
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories