The eight pieces on show are giant-sized models of domestic objects such as teapots and candlesticks, covered in mosaics by Bisazza.
The collection was first shown by Bisazza at Superstudio Più in Milan in April 2007 (see our earlier story).
The Bisazza museum, Alte near Vicenza, was created as part of the ongoing refurbishment of the brand's headquarters by architect Carlo Dal Bianco, the current director of the Bisazza Design Studio.
The installation joins other pieces commissioned by Bisazza for the museum including work by Ettore Sottsass, Marcel Wanders, Jaime Hayon and Alessandro Mendini.
See more Dezeen stories about Studio Job:
Robber Baron for Moss at Design Miami 07
Bold at Designhuis in Eindhoven
Studio Job for Bisazza (Milan 07)
Home Work for Moss (Milan 07)
Perished collection at Design Miami 06
Here's a short description of the installation from Bisazza:
SILVER WARE, Studio Job, 2007
On show in this room are the eight Studio Job works that were first exhibited as part of the “Silver Ware” installation at the 2007 Salon del Mobile at Superstudio Più. The collection, the product of a highly particular fusion of art and design, includes Alzata (step), Teiera (teapot), Cucchiaio (spoon), Vassoio (tray), Portafrutta (fruit bowl), Piatto da Portata (plate), Portacandele (candle holder) and Lampadario (light), all out-of-scale, completely coated in white gold mosaic.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Parametric Space by Zaha Hadid Architect…s
- Designers interpret "home" for Airbnb Tr…afalgar Square installation
- Architectural Jelly Design Competition w…inners
- Love Design by various designers
- KiBiSi by Kilo Design, BIG and Skibsted …Ideation
- Prickly headdresses by Maiko Takeda glow… in the dark
- Pipe and Trattoria by Jasper Morrison fo…r Magis
- The Body by Kirsi Enkovaara can be twist…ed and folded to create endless seating shapes
- Sibling's wifi-blocking ON/OFF installat…ion creates a disconnected "cold spot"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories