The store, at the brand's new international headquarters on Barrett Street, feature a marble-lined staircase and will set the tone for future Reiss stores.
Photographs by James Winspear.
Here's a bit of text from Universal Design Studio:
Universal Design Studio have just completed a new flagship store for Reiss, located within their new International HQ Building in Barrett Street, London, W1. It is the first in a number of stores being developed as part of the new Reiss concept. This flagship store houses the complete collections for menswear, womenswear and accessories.
Universal wished to maintain the simplicity and elegance of the Michael Squires and Partners’ building whilst introducing a careful flow for customer exploration around the 7,616 sq ft store.
Universal wanted to create a store which focused on the confidence that has evolved within the Reiss collection. We felt that the stores and the collection had developed in parallel and that they would both benefit from a new clarity.
Universal have introduced iconic architectural elements, such as a large matt staircase with a fine marble lining which is both graphic as an element whilst also reflecting some of the tailoring qualities of Reiss’ collection in its detail.
Universal wanted to maintain patterns and detail but to include these within the make up of the materials rather than a decorative application. Also materials and integral pattern that had reference to historic interiors were developed with materials that added an extra dimension; stone herringbone floors and massive vitrines have a resonance with more traditional interiors but their scale and material application make them thoroughly modern.
- Move: Choreographing You exhibition de…sign by Amanda Levete Architects
- Plató restaurant by FFWD
- Inside Awards: Hostem by JamesPlumb
- Nendo fills Camper's Stockholm store w…ith paper-thin spirals
- Schemata Architects refits Japanese cl…othing store with petrol-hued display structure
- Double 00 ’09 by Case-Real
- Joris Laarman Lab explores 3D-printed …metal and open-source chair designs in New York exhibition
- Singapore university research centre c…eiling consists of "6,000 moveable lights"
- Mizu spa by Stanley Saitowitz
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories