Gyre, also known as The Swirl, is generated from five identical rectangular floorplates that are rotated on a vertical axis and then trimmed to fit the site on Omotesando street in Tokyo. See more photos of the completed building in our earlier story.
- OMA Book Machine at the Architectural As…sociation
- Abedian School of Architecture by CRAB S…tudio was "designed from the inside out"
- Vivaldi Tower by Foster + Partners
- Prada Transformer by OMA/Rem Koolhaas
- Residence in Kurakuen by NRM-Architects …Office
- Observation Tower on the River Mur by te…rrain:loenhart&mayr
- Movie: The Transcendent City by Richard …Hardy
- Woodland retreat by Béres Architects ne…stles up against a jagged rock face
- Movie: Hayrack Apartments by OFIS Arhite…kti
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories