Car on a Stick is a green urban transport proposal by industrial designer Ross Lovegrove.
The concept involves bubble-shaped cars that are powered by solar canopies on the roof. At night, the cars are stored atop telescopic poles, where they act as street lights and keep the ground level free of parked vehicles.
The vehicles are designed to carry four passengers plus shopping, which is stored in recesses on the floor. The cars navigate automatically via voice command and satellite navigation.
There is more info on this project here
- Sam Buxton shows at Kinetica
- Christian Louboutin Mount Street Window …by Studio XAG
- Per Finne's Umami Santoku knife combines… Norwegian and Japanese design
- SuperDesign at Victoria House, London
- Villa Julia by Javier Mariscal for Magis
- Recycled marble dust used to create simp…le homeware range by Francesca Gattello
- Food Probe by Philips Design
- London Design Festival eyes South Bank
- Chaneldrip by Pepe Heykoop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories