Car on a Stick is a green urban transport proposal by industrial designer Ross Lovegrove.
The concept involves bubble-shaped cars that are powered by solar canopies on the roof. At night, the cars are stored atop telescopic poles, where they act as street lights and keep the ground level free of parked vehicles.
The vehicles are designed to carry four passengers plus shopping, which is stored in recesses on the floor. The cars navigate automatically via voice command and satellite navigation.
There is more info on this project here
- 3012 Series by Mats Lönngren for Hygge
- Nichetto=Nendo collection in Milan
- Ding Steamer Set by Office for Product D…esign
- Cliq coat hangers by Flow Design replace… hooks with magnets
- Transformations by Maarten de Ceulaer fo…r Fendi
- Bethan Gray and Mitchell Abdul Karim Cri…tes design products influenced by Islamic patterns
- Nendo's Float stool for Moroso looks imp…ossible
- Lightweight by Studio Tord Boontje
- Dezeen Screen: the Yachiyo metal rugby P…hilippe Malouin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories