Car on a Stick is a green urban transport proposal by industrial designer Ross Lovegrove.
The concept involves bubble-shaped cars that are powered by solar canopies on the roof. At night, the cars are stored atop telescopic poles, where they act as street lights and keep the ground level free of parked vehicles.
The vehicles are designed to carry four passengers plus shopping, which is stored in recesses on the floor. The cars navigate automatically via voice command and satellite navigation.
There is more info on this project here
- Bandit by Sebastian Bergne
- PhotoGraphy by ShiKai Tseng
- Suspended staircase combined with desk a…nd storage space by Mieke Meijer
- Eugene lounge chair by Stefan Diez for e…15
- Natural Indigo by Osko+Deichmann
- New work by Bram Boo
- Samuel Wilkinson designs Grace collectio…n of aluminium furniture
- 3D-printed monograms combine two initial…s in one pendant
- Dalston Rose by House of Hackney
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories