Car on a Stick is a green urban transport proposal by industrial designer Ross Lovegrove.
The concept involves bubble-shaped cars that are powered by solar canopies on the roof. At night, the cars are stored atop telescopic poles, where they act as street lights and keep the ground level free of parked vehicles.
The vehicles are designed to carry four passengers plus shopping, which is stored in recesses on the floor. The cars navigate automatically via voice command and satellite navigation.
There is more info on this project here
- OLPC XO-3 by fuseproject
- Movie: Quiet Motion installation by Rona…n and Erwan Bouroullec
- Leica camera by Jonathan Ive and Marc Ne…wson
- Join by Ding3000
- Thomas Heatherwick beach cafe takes shap…e
- Workout Computer by Bless keeps you fit …while you type
- Digital bobbleheads are the "provocative… future" for cars, says Plummer-Fernandez
- An Almost Ephimeral Autumn by Luzinterru…ptus
- Behind the scenes with Dominic Wilcox ma…king his "stained-glass driverless car"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories