Car on a Stick is a green urban transport proposal by industrial designer Ross Lovegrove.
The concept involves bubble-shaped cars that are powered by solar canopies on the roof. At night, the cars are stored atop telescopic poles, where they act as street lights and keep the ground level free of parked vehicles.
The vehicles are designed to carry four passengers plus shopping, which is stored in recesses on the floor. The cars navigate automatically via voice command and satellite navigation.
There is more info on this project here
- The Last Laugh by William Andrews for Mr… Jones Watches at Dezeen Watch Store
- Water Table Object by Heng Zhi
- aCHAIR by Ivo Otasevic
- BIG Chair Project for Jamie Oliver at Re…public of Fritz Hansen
- Fabriano by Riccardo Nannini, Domenico O…refice and Emanuele Pizzolorusso
- On the Rock vessels by Lee Broom to laun…ch at Milan dinner party
- Alfredo Häberli for Quodes
- Sofa by Satyendra Pakhalé for Hästens
- Essentiel de Pâtisserie by Matali Crass…et and Pierre Hermé
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories