Stockholm Design Week: Xile, a flexible tunnel designed by Swedish designer Mats Karlsson, is one of three winners of the Forum AID Award 2008, announced in Stockholm on Tuesday.
The plastic product, which won the awards' interior design category, can be used indoors or outdoors and is expandible.
The Forum Aid Awards are organised by Swedish architecture and design magazine Forum Aid.
The other two categories, for architecture and for design, were won respectively by 3XN Architects from Denmark, and Danish designers Komplot. 3XN won for their Ørestad College project (pictured below; see our earlier story for more pictures and information).
The Forum AID awards are for projects by designers in Nordic countries.
- "Copying is both fundamental and dangero…us to architecture" - Sam Jacob of FAT
- Nanjing Road mixed use area by RTA-Offic…e
- Australian Prime Minister's house by Jac…k Davies, Nick Roberts and Henry Stephens
- More images of Nouvel’s Abu Dhabi muse…um
- Swedish holiday home by Murman Arkitekte…r pretends to mirror a juniper grove
- CF Møller completes red brick facility …for the Danish Meat Research Institute
- Les Ti’Canailloux by Topos Architectur…e
- Wooden Houses in Amsterdam by M3H Archit…ecten
- Balconies sit within angular openings at… Atelier Zafari's Berlin apartment block
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories