Stockholm Design Week: Xile, a flexible tunnel designed by Swedish designer Mats Karlsson, is one of three winners of the Forum AID Award 2008, announced in Stockholm on Tuesday.
The plastic product, which won the awards' interior design category, can be used indoors or outdoors and is expandible.
The Forum Aid Awards are organised by Swedish architecture and design magazine Forum Aid.
The other two categories, for architecture and for design, were won respectively by 3XN Architects from Denmark, and Danish designers Komplot. 3XN won for their Ørestad College project (pictured below; see our earlier story for more pictures and information).
The Forum AID awards are for projects by designers in Nordic countries.
- Skyroom by David Kohn Architects
- Chiyodanomori Dental Clinic by Hironaka …Ogawa
- Hitzig Militello Arquitectos combines tw…o homes in one building in Buenos Aires
- Muzeum Wojska Polskiego by WXCA
- Mecanoo integrates public workspaces wit…hin banking centre for Rabobank
- Sant Pere Sacarrera Footbridge made from… Corten steel by Alfa Polaris
- Water Temple Student Workshop by Kieran …Donnellan and MEDS students
- Tongzhou Central Business District by U…NStudio
- Suppose Design Office adds double-height… dining room to House in Chiba
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories