Stockholm Design Week: Xile, a flexible tunnel designed by Swedish designer Mats Karlsson, is one of three winners of the Forum AID Award 2008, announced in Stockholm on Tuesday.
The plastic product, which won the awards' interior design category, can be used indoors or outdoors and is expandible.
The Forum Aid Awards are organised by Swedish architecture and design magazine Forum Aid.
The other two categories, for architecture and for design, were won respectively by 3XN Architects from Denmark, and Danish designers Komplot. 3XN won for their Ørestad College project (pictured below; see our earlier story for more pictures and information).
The Forum AID awards are for projects by designers in Nordic countries.
- Tapered office building in Seoul avoids …overshadowing its neighbours
- Sliver House by Boyarsky Murphy Architec…ts slots into a three-metre-wide space
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library by Snøhetta
- Castellbisbal School by MMDM Arquitectes
- Dezeen's top 10 houses of 2014
- A faceted roof conceals the size of Hang…ar XS warehouse by Ecker Architekten
- Tower Studio by Saunders Architecture
- University chapel by Dynerman Architects… hides its true form behind a square wall
- Tampa Covenant Church by Alfonso Archite…cts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories