Stockholm Design Week: Xile, a flexible tunnel designed by Swedish designer Mats Karlsson, is one of three winners of the Forum AID Award 2008, announced in Stockholm on Tuesday.
The plastic product, which won the awards' interior design category, can be used indoors or outdoors and is expandible.
The Forum Aid Awards are organised by Swedish architecture and design magazine Forum Aid.
The other two categories, for architecture and for design, were won respectively by 3XN Architects from Denmark, and Danish designers Komplot. 3XN won for their Ørestad College project (pictured below; see our earlier story for more pictures and information).
The Forum AID awards are for projects by designers in Nordic countries.
- Far Rockaway Branch Library by Snøhetta
- Holmenkollen ski jump by JDS Architects …completed
- "I'd love to design a brothel or a gas s…tation" says Brazilian architect Isay Weinfeld
- Special feature: ten amazing airport des…igns
- Glazing disappears into the walls of Tig…g Coll's Malbrook Road extension
- Selected projects by Álvaro Siza photog…raphed by Duccio Malagamba
- The Liquid Light of Diego Garcia by Vikt…or Westerdahl
- MercuryHouseOne by Architecture and Visi…on
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion by SANAA (mo…re images)
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories