As they moved, the dancers' feet created new patterns in the sugar, which had been dusted over the floor using stencils.
The sugar dance - officially called the One of a Kind Tea Dance - took place last month as part of the V&A's Friday Late event on 25 January.
- Funnel Vase by Roger Arquer
- Living Pod by Ying Gao
- Delft Blue vases by Marcel Wanders
- Audi's super-fast driverless car is fitt…ed with a mini film studio
- More Design Indaba videos
- Talamanca Cocoa by fuseproject
- Repair It Yourself by Eugenia Morpurgo
- Autumn Winter 2013 capsule collection by… Aina Beck
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: £23 off… Kaj by Karim Rashid for Alessi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories