Stockholm Design Week: Swedish designers Per Emanuelsson and Bastian Bischoff exhibited the Surveillance Light lamp at Stockholm Furniture Fair earlier this month.
The floor-light is modelled on surveillance cameras.
"Recent discussion about surveillance in society inspired the creation of a piece of furniture with an Orwellian '1984' feel to it," the designers say.
"Blending the typical appearance of a surveillance camera with a standing lamp is an ambiguous refection of our thoughts about the political future. Using cold metal strengthens the relationship of our lamp to the character of surveillance cameras."
The piece was exhibited as part of an exhibition of work in progress from masters design students from the School of Design and Crafts at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden. See the exhibition catalogue here.
- Just Black by Marsotto Edizioni
- Goodnight Day by JamesPlumb
- André Fu creates "modern Asian" install…ation for COS presentation in Hong Kong
- Lovegrove and Colani at the Design Museu…m
- ID Chair Concept by Antonio Citterio for… Vitra
- Coral chair by Ton Haas
- Heal's launches Autumn/Winter 2014 furni…ture collections
- SpaceShipTwo by Virgin Galactic
- G-Star Raw pavilion at Tokyo Designer’…s Week
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories