Stockholm Design Week: Swedish designers Per Emanuelsson and Bastian Bischoff exhibited the Surveillance Light lamp at Stockholm Furniture Fair earlier this month.
The floor-light is modelled on surveillance cameras.
"Recent discussion about surveillance in society inspired the creation of a piece of furniture with an Orwellian '1984' feel to it," the designers say.
"Blending the typical appearance of a surveillance camera with a standing lamp is an ambiguous refection of our thoughts about the political future. Using cold metal strengthens the relationship of our lamp to the character of surveillance cameras."
The piece was exhibited as part of an exhibition of work in progress from masters design students from the School of Design and Crafts at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden. See the exhibition catalogue here.
- "I use my imagination to create story sp…aces" - Katrin Olina at Dezeen Live
- Netscape by Konstantin Grcic at Design M…iami/
- Sometimes by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Cloche Lamp by Lars Beller Fjetland
- Banquet by Paula O'Connor
- Jan Vacek designs lamps shaped like cond…oms
- Glass Skin by Kiki van Eijk and Joost va…n Bleiswijk
- The Fantasy collection by Jaime Hayón
- Heinz Mack installs towering golden colu…mns on a Venetian island
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories