Stockholm Design Week: Swedish designers Per Emanuelsson and Bastian Bischoff exhibited the Surveillance Light lamp at Stockholm Furniture Fair earlier this month.
The floor-light is modelled on surveillance cameras.
"Recent discussion about surveillance in society inspired the creation of a piece of furniture with an Orwellian '1984' feel to it," the designers say.
"Blending the typical appearance of a surveillance camera with a standing lamp is an ambiguous refection of our thoughts about the political future. Using cold metal strengthens the relationship of our lamp to the character of surveillance cameras."
The piece was exhibited as part of an exhibition of work in progress from masters design students from the School of Design and Crafts at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden. See the exhibition catalogue here.
- Nendo works with Japanese artisans to cr…eate bent-wire baskets
- Juliet by Benjamin Hubert for Poltrona F…rau
- Fou de Feu designs droplet-shaped tablew…are for Rhythm collection
- Siblingsfactory by JDS Architects
- Itisy table by Philippine Lemaire for Li…gne Roset
- Succession by Fredrik Färg at 20 Design…ers at Biologiska
- Dezeen at Tokyo Designers Week
- Prints by Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen Super… Store
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vide…o diary day 1
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories