Stockholm Design Week: Swedish designers Per Emanuelsson and Bastian Bischoff exhibited the Surveillance Light lamp at Stockholm Furniture Fair earlier this month.
The floor-light is modelled on surveillance cameras.
"Recent discussion about surveillance in society inspired the creation of a piece of furniture with an Orwellian '1984' feel to it," the designers say.
"Blending the typical appearance of a surveillance camera with a standing lamp is an ambiguous refection of our thoughts about the political future. Using cold metal strengthens the relationship of our lamp to the character of surveillance cameras."
The piece was exhibited as part of an exhibition of work in progress from masters design students from the School of Design and Crafts at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden. See the exhibition catalogue here.
- Super Contemporary interviews: Daniel We…il
- [d3] contest winners at IMM Cologne 2009
- Drawerment by Jaroslav Jurica
- Upgrade by Tomas Kral
- Game On by Tom Chung
- More from Stockholm Furniture Fair
- Stand table by Jakob Timpe slots togethe…r without glue or fixings
- Dieter Rams at Moss in Los Angeles
- Vegetal by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories