Stockholm Design Week: Swedish designers Per Emanuelsson and Bastian Bischoff exhibited the Surveillance Light lamp at Stockholm Furniture Fair earlier this month.
The floor-light is modelled on surveillance cameras.
"Recent discussion about surveillance in society inspired the creation of a piece of furniture with an Orwellian '1984' feel to it," the designers say.
"Blending the typical appearance of a surveillance camera with a standing lamp is an ambiguous refection of our thoughts about the political future. Using cold metal strengthens the relationship of our lamp to the character of surveillance cameras."
The piece was exhibited as part of an exhibition of work in progress from masters design students from the School of Design and Crafts at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden. See the exhibition catalogue here.
- House Numbers Project by Medium
- Sometimes by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Coffee tables by Ding3000 for Normann Co…penhagen
- Measure calendar by Hiroyuki Miyake
- COS launches The Serpentine Bag to coinc…ide with 2015 pavilion opening
- Bisazza to show Hayón and Job in Milan
- Shan Valla at Interiors UK
- Karamel Sans CE by Marta Maštálková
- Natural History at Selfridges
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories