The chair was developed following Yoshioka's installation at the Moroso showroom in New York last October, where he covered the interior with white tissue paper. See our earlier story.
"The concept of Bouquet evolved from the tissue installation that was held in the Moroso showroom in New York in October 2007, in which approximately 30,000 sheets of tissue were used to create a clouds-like atmosphere," Yoshioka explains.
"The new chair Bouquet uplifts the sitter as well as a flower bouquet does it to the receiver. The vibrant colors would evoke one’s remembrance."
The chairs, shown here with tissue paper seats, are at prototype stage and will be made from fabric when they go into production.
- Polska Folk at Tent London
- Dezeen archive: digital fashion
- Constructive by Form Us With Love
- Clopen by Torafu Architects
- Furniture by Pinch
- Peepoo bag by Anders Wilhelmson
- E8 furniture by Mathias Hahn for Zeitrau…m
- Overlapping "petals" surround Mario Ales…siani's Bloemi lamp
- Felice Varini paints perspective-dependa…nt artwork across Belgian city
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories