The chair was developed following Yoshioka's installation at the Moroso showroom in New York last October, where he covered the interior with white tissue paper. See our earlier story.
"The concept of Bouquet evolved from the tissue installation that was held in the Moroso showroom in New York in October 2007, in which approximately 30,000 sheets of tissue were used to create a clouds-like atmosphere," Yoshioka explains.
"The new chair Bouquet uplifts the sitter as well as a flower bouquet does it to the receiver. The vibrant colors would evoke one’s remembrance."
The chairs, shown here with tissue paper seats, are at prototype stage and will be made from fabric when they go into production.
- Papa Chair by Itay Ohaly
- Skinni by Adrien Rovero
- Ran Out by Shlomit Bauman
- Drop by Paul Cocksedge
- Coiled by BCXSY for Editions in Craft
- Design Museum Collection App:music
- A New Bus for London by Heatherwick Stud…ios
- No Country For Old Men by Lanzavecchia +… Wai
- Standard Stationery by David Weatherhead
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories