The chair was developed following Yoshioka's installation at the Moroso showroom in New York last October, where he covered the interior with white tissue paper. See our earlier story.
"The concept of Bouquet evolved from the tissue installation that was held in the Moroso showroom in New York in October 2007, in which approximately 30,000 sheets of tissue were used to create a clouds-like atmosphere," Yoshioka explains.
"The new chair Bouquet uplifts the sitter as well as a flower bouquet does it to the receiver. The vibrant colors would evoke one’s remembrance."
The chairs, shown here with tissue paper seats, are at prototype stage and will be made from fabric when they go into production.
- Lean by Jenny Bäck
- Pivot by Raw Edges for Arco
- Egg of Columbus by Valentina Carretta …of Fabrica for Seletti
- Piet Hein Eek uses offcuts from his sc…rap wood furniture to make Waste Waste 40x40
- Cityscope by Marco Hemmerling
- NHow Hotel Milan by Matteo Thun 2
- Reichtum by Mark Braun for Lobmeyr
- Lanana by Ryszard Rychlicki
- Snøhetta entices bees into Oslo with …honey-coloured Vulkan Beehives
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories