Jar Tops, a student project by designer Jorre van Ast of OKAYstudio, have been put into production by Dutch kitchenware manufacturers Royal VKB. Update: this project is included in Dezeen Book of Ideas, which is on sale now for £12.
The collection consists of a range of tops that screw onto reused jars, turning them into containers, jugs, shakers and more.
The set includes adaptations for a sugar pot, milk jug, chocolate sprinkler, oil & vinegar set and a water jug.
Van Ast explains, "By screwing on plastic tops, these readily available jars are turned into vessels with a specific function. A generic jar is transformed into kitchenware, creating more practical and emotional value."
Van Ast originally showed the collection as part of his graduation show at the Royal College of Art in London in 2006.
- Giambattista Valli shows haute-couture c…ollection in Paris
- iQ by Toyota
- The Catch by Julia Lohmann
- Truncheons by Cmmnwlth
- Da Morto A Orto by Peter Bottazzi and De…nise Bonapace
- Gareth Pugh brings his "modern armour" b…ack to London for Autumn Winter 2015
- Kenny by Raw Edges for Moroso
- Peye and Olive by Numéro 111 for Ligne …Roset
- Inaugural collection by Petite Friture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories