Milan 08: Dutch designer Pieke Bergmans presented several new project in Milan earlier this month, including these Light Blubs.
Part of her on-going Design Virus series, Light Blubs are hand-blown crystal light bulbs containing LEDs.
Here's some info from Bergmans:
You may wonder: What is a light blub?? The answer is simple: it is a light bulb that has gone way out of line. Infected by the dreaded Design Virus, these Blubs have taken on all kinds of forms and sizes you wouldn’t expect from such well behaving and reliable little products.
Nevertheless, they seem to be enjoying their new free existences. They can be found shining across Milan during the Salone Del Mobile
The Light Blubs are a series of crystal lamps, designed by Pieke Bergmans, in cooperation with Royal Crystal Leerdam. The lamps are all unique handcrafted crystal pieces, equipped with leds by Solid Lighting Design.
The focus of Pieke Bergmans latest projects lies on creating products which are all slightly different, though they were made in a set process. The term ‘Perfect Imperfection’ illustrates the qualities that such a product can attain.
Through being slightly deformed and different, products become unique pieces and gather a very personal and natural character. The Light Blub is one of quite a wide range of products that are based on this conceptual principle, released this year.
Series of led lamps
Edition: 18 unique pieces
Dimensions: 20-70 x 10-45 cm
Material: Royal Leerdam Crystal
Lights: 24V Osram Power Leds, 7,5 – 15W
Gallery Design Virus
Via Tortona 12 / Milan
- Ninety Light by Shawn Littrell
- Miguel Flores Soeiro twists metal to for…m Malmö cutlery
- Tourbillon by A+A cooren
- BIG Chair Project for Jamie Oliver at Re…public of Fritz Hansen
- Powerless Structures, Fig.101 by Elmgree…n and Dragset
- Natura Jars by Héctor Serrano for La Me…diterránea
- Pierre Charpin refits Apartment N°50 in… Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse
- Summertime by Nika Zupanc
- "Bauhaus modernism" inspires Afteroom's …furniture and home accessories for Menu
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories