Milan 08: Here's a selection of new products launched by Cappellini at the Milan furniture fair earlier this month.
Top image: Sharpei by Massimiliano Adami is a beech chair covered in folds of gobelin tapestry fabric. The name refers to a wrinkled Oriental breed of dog, the Shar-pei. Above: The Double Bottle dining table by BarberOsgerby follows their Bottle table from last year. It is available in white Calacata marble or black Marquinia marble.
New elements have also been added to the Sistema storage range by Studio Cappellini (above).
Nendo's coat stand (above and below) is laser-cut from sheet metal and available in glossy white or black.
Below: Cappellini Love by Stephen Burks
Burks says: "The Cappellini Love tables are a re-invention of the traditional papier maché technique that combines recycled shredded magazines with non-toxic adhesives and hardeners to produce an eco-friendly and sustainable revolutionary new proposal in furniture to be artisanaly produced in Africa."
These mosaic vases (above and below) are also by Burks.
Below: Stitch chair by Adam Goodrum
See our previous story for more work for Cappellini by BarberOsgerby and Nendo.
- Earthquake Proof Table by Arthur Brutt…erand Ido Bruno
- Form Pendants by Form Us with Love for… Design House Stockholm
- Lace Fence by Demakersvan
- Jólan van der Wiel at Dezeen Platform
- Cod Collection by Kria
- Anne van Galen designs fashion accesso…ries for a "world with endless rainfall"
- Bertrand Lavier's "unruly mass" of hos…es creates a fountain outside the Serpentine Sackler Gallery
- Tiny crab faces giant obstacles in Ant…on Tammi's glitching music video for Bruce Smear
- Seven Deadly Glasses by Kacper Hamilto…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories