The collection includes a table, chair and armchair made from tubular steel with perforated sheet metal surfaces.
The delicate patterns are laser cut out of the sheet material in the seats and backs of the chairs and the table top.
See more fromt the Little Wild Garden of Love exhibition designed by Boontje for Moroso in our previous story.
The following text is from Moroso:
Rain Collection by Tord Boontje
Rain Chair and Rain Table constitute an alternative way of working both metal and sheet metal. They have a tubular steel structure and plates of perforated sheet metal that are laser decorated with delicate images and natural scenes characteristic of Tord Boontje’s work.
The shapes are a contemporary reworking of the classic wrought iron garden furniture, embellished and made lighter by the laser flower working of the surfaces. Rain Collection is a lightweight, delicate and refined set of furniture that looks to the future.
The products have been devised for outdoors but can also be used indoors, also being a good proposal for contract furnishing.
- Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation Bibl…iotheca by LAVA
- Fittings by Mridu Sahai
- Marlène Huissoud uses insect by-product…s to develop new materials
- Design Miami/Basel 2008: Designers of th…e Future winners
- Objects in Disguise by Tove Thambert
- Ron Arad: "The Rover chair sucked me int…o the world of design"
- TransPlastic by Campana Brothers 2
- "We're bringing cutting-edge research in…to the public sphere" - Loop.pH
- Interview: Faye Toogood at Super Natural
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories