The collection includes a table, chair and armchair made from tubular steel with perforated sheet metal surfaces.
The delicate patterns are laser cut out of the sheet material in the seats and backs of the chairs and the table top.
See more fromt the Little Wild Garden of Love exhibition designed by Boontje for Moroso in our previous story.
The following text is from Moroso:
Rain Collection by Tord Boontje
Rain Chair and Rain Table constitute an alternative way of working both metal and sheet metal. They have a tubular steel structure and plates of perforated sheet metal that are laser decorated with delicate images and natural scenes characteristic of Tord Boontje’s work.
The shapes are a contemporary reworking of the classic wrought iron garden furniture, embellished and made lighter by the laser flower working of the surfaces. Rain Collection is a lightweight, delicate and refined set of furniture that looks to the future.
The products have been devised for outdoors but can also be used indoors, also being a good proposal for contract furnishing.
- The Gospel by Studio Job 2
- Dezeen Screen: Change the Record by Paul… Cocksedge
- Shai Langen covers bodies in liquid late…x fabrics and fermented dough
- Designjunction announces exhibitor line-…up
- Ceramic radio by Studio Lama
- Teepee and Kanu by Konstantin Grcic
- Tephra Formations by Robert Stadler
- Liquid Tape Cutter by Kouichi Okamoto fo…r Kyouei Design
- Ding Steamer Set by Office for Product D…esign
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories