The collection includes a table, chair and armchair made from tubular steel with perforated sheet metal surfaces.
The delicate patterns are laser cut out of the sheet material in the seats and backs of the chairs and the table top.
See more fromt the Little Wild Garden of Love exhibition designed by Boontje for Moroso in our previous story.
The following text is from Moroso:
Rain Collection by Tord Boontje
Rain Chair and Rain Table constitute an alternative way of working both metal and sheet metal. They have a tubular steel structure and plates of perforated sheet metal that are laser decorated with delicate images and natural scenes characteristic of Tord Boontje’s work.
The shapes are a contemporary reworking of the classic wrought iron garden furniture, embellished and made lighter by the laser flower working of the surfaces. Rain Collection is a lightweight, delicate and refined set of furniture that looks to the future.
The products have been devised for outdoors but can also be used indoors, also being a good proposal for contract furnishing.
- Zephyr Sofa by Zaha Hadid for Cassina Co…ntract
- Front win Designer of the Future Award
- Alta One bike by Frost Produkt, Norway S…ays and Bleed
- The Traveller by Arne Quinze for Louis V…uitton
- Snake&Molting legwear by Camille Cortet
- Faceture by Phil Cuttance for the Stepne…y Green Design Collection
- Alpha Blast by Marco Dessi
- Seating for Eating by Studioilse
- Biomimicry chair by Lilian van Daal repl…aces traditional upholstery with 3D-printed structure
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories