Milan 08: Star System is a collection of sofas designed by Enrico Buscemi and Piergiorgio Leone for Giovannetti collezioni.
Intended as an adaptation of traditional chesterfield sofas, the collection has removable steel buttons.
The collection was presented at the Milan furniture fair last month.
Here's some text from Space Time:
We designed for Giovannetti collezioni the 'Star System'. The chester classic sofa becomes here a radical monoblock sculpture.
The Star and SuperStar sofa are the new high-soft seating presented in Milan Salone 2008 together with the Star-lounge, a wide and lush dormeuse (170 cm. width) to share with a person you love and Starlet, a sculptural swivel armchair.
The 'Star-System' is made with double density polyurethane foam, removable bielastic fabric and wide steel buttons (3 cm. diameter) shining under the lights like a graphic constellation. The patented unhookable steel buttons make easy to remove the fabric cover.
- Magno Tube Lamp by Doreen Westphal
- Vacuum-packed models installed at Iris v…an Herpen's Paris Fashion Week show
- BLOWN lamp by Samuel Wilkinson for &trad…ition
- Grand Danois in Milan
- Sosia by Emanuele Magini for Campeggi
- Disfatto by Denis Guidone for D3co
- 10 Unit System by Shigeru Ban
- Electronic Calculator XS by plusminuszer…o
- Famous modernist chair shapes merged int…o a bar stool by Eugeni Quitllet
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories