Milan 08: Star System is a collection of sofas designed by Enrico Buscemi and Piergiorgio Leone for Giovannetti collezioni.
Intended as an adaptation of traditional chesterfield sofas, the collection has removable steel buttons.
The collection was presented at the Milan furniture fair last month.
Here's some text from Space Time:
We designed for Giovannetti collezioni the 'Star System'. The chester classic sofa becomes here a radical monoblock sculpture.
The Star and SuperStar sofa are the new high-soft seating presented in Milan Salone 2008 together with the Star-lounge, a wide and lush dormeuse (170 cm. width) to share with a person you love and Starlet, a sculptural swivel armchair.
The 'Star-System' is made with double density polyurethane foam, removable bielastic fabric and wide steel buttons (3 cm. diameter) shining under the lights like a graphic constellation. The patented unhookable steel buttons make easy to remove the fabric cover.
- Porthé's cubic animation for 20syl musi…c video zooms from micro to macro
- Jacknife designs leather ice skates base…d on vintage Canadian designs
- Momentary by Catarina Hällzon
- 300 Series Chronograph Calendar Wristwat…ch by Uniform Wares
- Kilo Design creates modular headphones f…or Aiaiai
- The Washington Collection by David Adjay…e for Knoll
- Microclimates by PostlerFerguson
- Formafantasma experiment with lava to cr…eate furniture collection
- Scrapwood Wallpaper 2 by Piet Hein Eek f…or NLXL
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories