Milan 08: Star System is a collection of sofas designed by Enrico Buscemi and Piergiorgio Leone for Giovannetti collezioni.
Intended as an adaptation of traditional chesterfield sofas, the collection has removable steel buttons.
The collection was presented at the Milan furniture fair last month.
Here's some text from Space Time:
We designed for Giovannetti collezioni the 'Star System'. The chester classic sofa becomes here a radical monoblock sculpture.
The Star and SuperStar sofa are the new high-soft seating presented in Milan Salone 2008 together with the Star-lounge, a wide and lush dormeuse (170 cm. width) to share with a person you love and Starlet, a sculptural swivel armchair.
The 'Star-System' is made with double density polyurethane foam, removable bielastic fabric and wide steel buttons (3 cm. diameter) shining under the lights like a graphic constellation. The patented unhookable steel buttons make easy to remove the fabric cover.
- Kishu by Maya Selway
- Les French by Studio Glithero
- Capture exhibition by Paul Cocksedge
- Reframe by Paul Scales and Atelier Kit
- The Lacemaker by Tord Boontje
- Starting today: dezeen at Design Indaba
- Crucifix Surge Protector by Means of Pro…duction
- Geraldine Spilker combines ashes with re…sin to create mementoes of the dead
- New work from Stuart Haygarth
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories