Milan 08: Star System is a collection of sofas designed by Enrico Buscemi and Piergiorgio Leone for Giovannetti collezioni.
Intended as an adaptation of traditional chesterfield sofas, the collection has removable steel buttons.
The collection was presented at the Milan furniture fair last month.
Here's some text from Space Time:
We designed for Giovannetti collezioni the 'Star System'. The chester classic sofa becomes here a radical monoblock sculpture.
The Star and SuperStar sofa are the new high-soft seating presented in Milan Salone 2008 together with the Star-lounge, a wide and lush dormeuse (170 cm. width) to share with a person you love and Starlet, a sculptural swivel armchair.
The 'Star-System' is made with double density polyurethane foam, removable bielastic fabric and wide steel buttons (3 cm. diameter) shining under the lights like a graphic constellation. The patented unhookable steel buttons make easy to remove the fabric cover.
- Applause Machine by Martin Smith
- Interview with Nick Regan of Laikingla…nd
- Moleskine Livescribe Notebooks transfe…r ideas from paper to screen
- Project Or in Milan
- Book cover refuses to open for judgmen…tal readers
- New Resin Series by Jo Nagasaka for Es…tablished & Sons
- Sebastian Bergne at The Temporium
- Swarovski Crystal Palace
- Missing Pieces by Rupert McKelvie
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories